Fourier transform, Fourer Integral transform

In summary, the conversation is about the lack of easily accessible learning materials for Fourier transform techniques such as time shifting and scaling. The original poster is looking for Khan-like videos or texts that provide examples and solve problems related to these techniques. Another person suggests doing a Google search and consulting with a professor or visiting the library for resources. The conversation ends with the suggestion to continue searching on Google and the thread being locked as it is not a homework question.
Helpeme
I was going to post this in the learning material section but i didnt have access to it for some reason. but i guess i can post it here. its homework after all.

so i have noticed that there is almost nothing learning material on fourer transform on the web. like how to transform a function to Fourier with tricks like time shift, scaling, complex conjugating and by integral and also inverted Fourier transform.

is there any khan like videos/text that show examples on how to fourier-transform with these tricks and by integral. or can someone show me some examples of time shiffting ect.

Physics news on Phys.org
Helpeme said:
I was going to post this in the learning material section but i didnt have access to it for some reason. but i guess i can post it here. its homework after all.

so i have noticed that there is almost nothing learning material on fourer transform on the web. like how to transform a function to Fourier with tricks like time shift, scaling, complex conjugating and by integral and also inverted Fourier transform.

is there any khan like videos/text that show examples on how to fourier-transform with these tricks and by integral. or can someone show me some examples of time shiffting ect.

That is odd: when I Google 'Fourier transform' I get hundreds of hits, including several that are like course notes on the topic, complete with much of the stuff you say you need.

RGV

can you please link me to some. the only video i know of is the standford lecture Fourier transformation and its applications. but its not what I am looking for. he doesn't go through examples and solving problems. (as i have seen maybe I am wrong?).

so please link to where they explain time shift and scaling and all that

Helpeme said:
can you please link me to some. the only video i know of is the standford lecture Fourier transformation and its applications. but its not what I am looking for. he doesn't go through examples and solving problems. (as i have seen maybe I am wrong?).

so please link to where they explain time shift and scaling and all that

No, that is the type of question I refuse to answer. I have already suggested you do a Google search. When I do that I get all kinds of links to videos of lectures, u-tube files of class presentations, pdf files, on-line course notes, etc., etc. There is MUCH more available than just the Stanford lecture.

If none of that material is what you want I suggest you consult with your professor or make a visit to the library and look at some books.

if you don't want to help then why are you replying in my thread.

but seriously i can't find what I am looking for i know about this google thing and i have tried that before making this thread.

i know there is a lot of information about fourer series and some transform. but I've noticed that there is not that much of basic/introduction of Fourier transform with techniques like time shift ect. every lecture about it they just jump over it and don't mention it.

so this thread my be in the wrong section of this forum. but the point of it was that if anyone know or find a video or text about introduction Fourier transform with time shift, scaling techniques. post them here. if you don't know about it or refuse to post it then don't

Helpeme said:
if you don't want to help then why are you replying in my thread.

Ray did help you. Now you should search in google and see if you find things that could be helpful.

In any case, this isn't a homework question. Locked.

1. What is the Fourier transform?

The Fourier transform is a mathematical operation that decomposes a function into its constituent frequencies. It converts a signal from its original domain (usually time or space) to a representation in the frequency domain.

2. What is the difference between Fourier transform and Fourier integral transform?

The Fourier transform is used for signals that are defined over a continuous range of time or space, while the Fourier integral transform is used for signals that are defined over a finite range. Essentially, the Fourier transform is a special case of the Fourier integral transform.

3. What are some applications of Fourier transform and Fourier integral transform?

Both transforms are widely used in signal processing, image processing, and data analysis. They are also used in solving differential equations, pattern recognition, and in various areas of physics and engineering.

4. Are there any limitations to using Fourier transform and Fourier integral transform?

Yes, there are limitations to using these transforms. They only work on signals that are periodic or can be approximated by a periodic function. They also require the input signal to be continuous and have a finite energy. In addition, these transforms can be computationally intensive for large data sets.

5. What are some common misconceptions about Fourier transform and Fourier integral transform?

Some people may think that these transforms can solve any mathematical problem or that they can be used to predict future events. In reality, they are mathematical tools for analyzing functions and cannot predict the future or solve any problem. They also do not work on all types of signals and have certain limitations, as mentioned before.