Suggestion: New Forum Topic.

• Thread starter Neandethal00
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the creation of new forum topics and whether the suggested topics of "Interpretation of Science" and "Philosophy of Science" should have their own forums or be included in the existing philosophy forum. The speaker also questions the authority of the person suggesting the new forums, pointing out their new membership and lack of prior involvement in the forum.
Neandethal00
I do not know under which forum subject this would be appropriate, but a forum topic with a title,

Interpretation of Science
or
Philosophy of Science
(I'm afraid, this title may attract many non-scientists)

should be introduced.

Physics news on Phys.org
When we make a new forum it's because there are a large number of threads that warrant it. I don't see the demand for either of those new forums (for the latter, we have the philosophy forum).

Neandethal00 said:
I do not know under which forum subject this would be appropriate, but a forum topic with a title,

Interpretation of Science
or
Philosophy of Science
(I'm afraid, this title may attract many non-scientists)

should be introduced.

What's wrong with posting topics on such areas in the Philosophy forum?

I see you've only had TWO posts on here so far. Considering that you are a relatively NEW member, shouldn't you try out the forum first and see how it works before providing "suggestions" on what it should have?

Zz.

1. What is a "New Forum Topic" suggestion?

A "New Forum Topic" suggestion is a proposal for a new discussion topic to be added to an online forum. It can be made by any member of the forum and is meant to generate new and interesting discussions among the community.

2. How do I make a "New Forum Topic" suggestion?

To make a "New Forum Topic" suggestion, you can usually find a designated section or thread on the forum where members can submit their ideas. Simply create a new post or thread and clearly state your suggested topic and why you think it would be a valuable addition to the forum.

3. Will all "New Forum Topic" suggestions be accepted?

No, not all "New Forum Topic" suggestions will be accepted. The forum moderators or administrators will review each suggestion and determine if it aligns with the forum's guidelines and if it would be beneficial for the community. They may also consider if the topic has already been discussed or if there is enough interest in it.

4. How long does it take for a "New Forum Topic" suggestion to be approved?

The length of time for a "New Forum Topic" suggestion to be approved can vary depending on the forum's policies and the amount of suggestions they receive. It's best to check the forum's guidelines or reach out to a moderator for an estimated timeline.

5. Can I make multiple "New Forum Topic" suggestions?

Yes, you can make multiple "New Forum Topic" suggestions. However, it's important to make sure your suggestions are unique and not repetitive. It's also a good idea to give some time for previous suggestions to be reviewed before submitting new ones.