I need someone who knows what nebulae look like well to look at these

• Thread starter rollcast
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for someone knowledgeable about nebulae to provide feedback on photoshop images of an imaginary nebula. The suggestion is made to do a google image search to compare with real images from the Hubble Space Telescope. Some comments are given on the photoshop images, including the visible cloud filter and color mixture. The importance of using google and continuing to practice is emphasized.
rollcast
I need someone who knows what nebulae look like well to look at these photoshop images I have made of an imaginary nebula to see what could improve them.
3479d1304250295t-nebula-number-3-untitled-4.jpg

Thanks

Sorry had another couple of images but can't link them for some reason, that one is the best one I have done so far

Astronomy news on Phys.org

You don't need anyone here to tell you, simply do a google image search for Nebula and it will show hundreds of photos of different nebulas to look at and compare. The images from the Hubble Space Telescope are simply amazing.

As he mentioned above, go google.

But a quick look at your image created something comments I have to reply with.

1. Your cloud filter in photoshop is way to visible, it doesn't look directly smooth so you have a lot of editing and smoothness to fix (get better at).
2. I do BELIEVE (not sure in other words) that you have mixed up way too much colours. It doesn't look like a Nebulae (for me) with this huge setup of different colours since I've never seen anything like it before.
3. Clouds in nebulae very often cast shadows on other clouds. In your images I see the following numbers of shadows = zero.

Anyway, keep on train and you'll eventually get better. But the best tip, USE GOOGLE.

Regards, Robin Andersson.

hi there

have a look in this thread I have just posted a couple of nebulae pics in answer to another nebulae question

Dave

I am not an expert specifically in the appearance of nebulae, but I can offer some general advice. It would be helpful to have more context and information about the images you have created, such as the parameters and techniques used in Photoshop, the inspiration for the nebula, and any specific goals or improvements you are looking for. Additionally, seeking feedback from a professional astronomer or astrophysicist who has experience studying real nebulae may provide valuable insight and suggestions for improvement. Overall, it is important to keep in mind that while Photoshop can create beautiful and realistic images, it is not a substitute for actual astronomical data and observations.

1. What is a nebula?

A nebula is a cloud of gas and dust in outer space. They are often the birthplace of stars and can also be the remnants of dead stars.

2. How do scientists study nebulae?

Scientists study nebulae using various methods including telescopes, imaging technology, and spectroscopy. They also use computer simulations and mathematical models to better understand their formation and evolution.

3. What do nebulae look like?

Nebulae can have a variety of shapes and colors, depending on their composition and the type of star that formed them. Some common shapes include rings, bubbles, and filaments. They can also appear in shades of red, blue, and green.

4. Why is it important to have someone who knows what nebulae look like well to study them?

Having a deep understanding of nebulae is crucial for accurately interpreting and analyzing the data collected from these objects. A scientist who is well-versed in the appearance of nebulae can identify key features and make connections to existing theories and observations.

5. Can we see nebulae with the naked eye?

Some nebulae, such as the Orion Nebula, can be seen with the naked eye under favorable conditions. However, most nebulae are only visible through telescopes or other advanced equipment.