Where i can study a master on mathematics?

In summary: Thanks for the reply. I would recommend looking for a school with a strong pure mathematics department. There are many good universities out there, so it just depends on what you are looking for. In summary, where can I study a master in mathematics? There are many good universities out there, so it just depends on what you are looking for.
Casco
Where i can study a master on mathematics?

I'm going to start to send my applications forms for my master and i'd like to know which universities can be a good option ... please any comment about this it's helpful to me

Physics news on Phys.org

Where do you want to go / where do you live / what would you like to specialize in? People would love to help you but they need a little more information other than the fact that you wish to get a Masters in Mathematics.

i'd like to study either the US or England i live in Mexico there are many opportunities for mexicans studying science and I want to make use of them, i think i have a decent curriculum so i think i don't have a big problem due to it , i'd like to study differential geometry, geometric algebra and related topics, also i'd like to ask about schools to study theoretical physics in the countries that i said above

Is there some type of 'list' of all universities which specifically have a M.A. program for Math? (as opposed to universities that give out M.A.s on the way to a Ph.D)

I'm also pretty curious since I might apply for a M.A. program next year. I only know the good grad schools (PhD) for each concentration, but the majority of them don't specifically offer M.A. programs. I think Berkeley is a notable exception, but I don't know many like that.

Casco said:
I'm going to start to send my applications forms for my master and i'd like to know which universities can be a good option ... please any comment about this it's helpful to me

Hey there Casco and welcome to the forums.

It depends on things like your marks and also the area that you want to study.

Schools will specialize in different areas and this should be taken into account when you decide who you will apply to. When deciding look at the faculty and see what their strengths are and the areas associated with those.

Are you interested more in pure, applied, or statistics?

chiro said:
Are you interested more in pure, applied, or statistics?

Thanks for the advise, maybe I have a little confusion maybe here in Mexico the things are a little different with respect to the Masters, I have a confusion with that but I will see later about that perhaps the right question could had been the last that I quoted. My answer to that I think is Pure, Any suggestion? Or any university with a strong pure mathematics department?.

1. Where can I study a master's degree in mathematics?

There are many universities around the world that offer master's programs in mathematics. Some popular choices include Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), University of Oxford, and University of Cambridge.

2. What are the admission requirements for a master's program in mathematics?

The admission requirements for a master's program in mathematics may vary depending on the university and country. However, most programs typically require a bachelor's degree in mathematics or a related field, strong academic performance, letters of recommendation, and standardized test scores (such as the GRE).

3. How long does it take to complete a master's degree in mathematics?

The duration of a master's degree in mathematics may vary from 1-2 years, depending on the university and program. Some programs may offer an option for part-time study, which can extend the duration of the degree.

4. What career opportunities are available with a master's degree in mathematics?

A master's degree in mathematics can lead to a variety of career opportunities in industries such as finance, technology, education, research, and government. Some common job titles for mathematics graduates include data analyst, actuary, statistician, and mathematician.

5. Can I specialize in a specific area of mathematics in a master's program?

Yes, many universities offer specialized tracks or concentrations within their master's programs in mathematics. Some common areas of specialization include pure mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, and computational mathematics. It is important to research and choose a program that aligns with your interests and career goals.