Any Good Mathematics Freeware?

• Thread starter dimensionless
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematics
In summary, there are several good mathematics freeware options available, such as GeoGebra, Desmos, and Wolfram Alpha. These programs offer a wide range of features for various mathematical concepts and are user-friendly and accessible for all levels of expertise. Additionally, they are free to use and can be easily downloaded and installed on different devices. Whether you are a student or a professional, these freeware options provide valuable tools for learning and practicing mathematics.
dimensionless
I know there are programs like Octave and Scil-ab, but Octave needs Linux/Cygwin and the last version of Sci-lab I installed had super-slow graphics. Are there any smaller and more simple programs out there? All I'm really looking for is the functionality of a Texas Instruments graphing calculator.

:biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
This is a good question. I'd suggest looking at http://www.download.com/" , they might have something...

Last edited by a moderator:
robphy said:
I was going to recommend this but you need to own a calculator to legally be able to use a ROM.

If you're just going to download a ROM or upload a friend's then you might as well pirate Mathematica or some other software that's not free so it becomes "freeware".

1. What is "Any Good Mathematics Freeware"?

"Any Good Mathematics Freeware" refers to free software or programs that are designed for mathematical purposes. These can range from basic calculators to more advanced tools for graphing, solving equations, and other mathematical functions.

2. Are there any risks associated with using freeware for mathematics?

As with any software, there is always a potential risk of security threats or bugs when using freeware for mathematics. It is important to research and download from reputable sources to minimize these risks.

3. What are the benefits of using freeware for mathematics?

The main benefit of using freeware for mathematics is that it is free and accessible to anyone. It also allows users to try out different programs without having to commit to purchasing expensive software.

4. Can freeware for mathematics be used for educational purposes?

Yes, many freeware programs for mathematics are designed specifically for educational purposes. They can be used by students, teachers, and anyone interested in learning or practicing math concepts.

5. What are some popular examples of freeware for mathematics?

Some popular examples of freeware for mathematics include GeoGebra, Desmos, and WolframAlpha. These programs offer a range of mathematical functions and are widely used by students and professionals alike.