#1 song on the day you were born

• Thread starter hypatia
  • Start date
In summary: I don't remember the color, but it was a light blue light and there was a large bubble in the middle of the light. It felt really good. And then I woke up.In summary, Evo was born when "Come Softly to Me" by the Sevilles was #1, but that's just because she claims all kinds of 1960's experiences. She was already seasoned by the time she entered kindergarten, but had no way to be certain this all was around age 3, but she had always said 3. Evo was born when "Come Softly to Me" by the Sevilles was #1, but that's just because she claims all kinds of 1960's experiences. She was already seasoned by the time
LowlyPion said:
I see. You wanted to run things?
heh, I wanted to work in an observatory because I thought it would be like the planetarium. :biggrin: All beautiful, in color, with great music and black lights. It is, isn't it?

Ok, yes I knew it was fake. But I wanted to do something to instill that awe in others.

Physics news on Phys.org
lisab said:
Don't remember the cottage you describe :wink:

I should hope not. I can't imagine that it's still there. It was more like semi-permanent camping, not really a house at all. Cement slab, 4 posts along each side, 2 screen doors on opposite sides a counter sink and table and room for cots. A swift wind should have seen that thing in the creek.

Evo said:
heh, I wanted to work in an observatory because I thought it would be like the planetarium. :biggrin: All beautiful, in color, with great music and black lights. It is, isn't it?

Ok, yes I knew it was fake. But I wanted to do something to instill that awe in others.

Sounds a bit like a strip bar the way you put it. (Not like I would know except from the pictures of course.)

My wishful thinking was "Top of the world - carpenters" ... Ah, I was born 2 months before the release of the album. Anyway, they were the no. 1 when I was 4 month old, may be the day I started on my solids.

I listen to this song almost every other day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Borek said:
Never heard about Telstar & The Tornadoes

What? :) I was born way later and *I* know that song.

The Tornadoes I understand, they were a one-hit wonder with that song. But the song itself is pretty well-known; there are a lot of cover versions of it.

Try checking out "The Spotnicks". There's a whole genre of 1960's satellite-related instrumental rock that you probably don't know about :smile:

Ah OK, now that I have heard sample from wikipedia I know it, I was just not aware of the title.

alxm said:
Try checking out "The Spotnicks". There's a whole genre of 1960's satellite-related instrumental rock that you probably don't know about :smile:

Could be. Living on this side of the iron courtain had its drawbacks.

Tears for fears-shout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bqgy1mebh8

Annie's Song by John Denver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkGS263lGsQ

gonna have to try this one at karaoke night.

April 15th, 1985

We Are the World - USA for Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmxT21uFRwM

Huckleberry said:
Annie's Song by John Denver
gonna have to try this one at karaoke night.

You've got me beat by one year... darn! When I saw the list I liked that one so much better! (Nice to know I'm not the only one from the 70's here...)
I get "The Hussle" (Van McCoy & the Soul City Symphony) on this guy's list:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFz2WkVAk38
but "Listen to what the Man Said" (McCartney & the Wings) on others:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwuz3j4XbbU
... neither is really inspiring.

But at least my Hot Soul Single Number One is the original "Fight the Power." :biggrin:

I think I have the worst song in history.

12/1/78 is "You don't bring me flowers" by Barb Striesand and Niel Diamond

"Straight Up" by Paula Abdul.

I only know her from American Idols, never heard her music.

Another Day in Paradise - Phil Collins

I actually liked Phil Collins a lot as a child, coincidence?

*-<|:-D=<-< said:
Another Day in Paradise - Phil Collins

I actually liked Phil Collins a lot as a child, coincidence?

How did you know Phil Collins as a child?

lisab said:
How did you know Phil Collins as a child?

Cd's in my parents room, I listened to a lot of stuff. I don't think I knew english back then, but I danced (well, "danced") before I could walk.

hypatia said:
http://www.joshhosler.biz/
If you go to this site, you can look up the song that was at the top of the charts on the day you were born.

Mine was,

Love me Tender...Elvis Presley

If you like that site, I think you will love this one :smile: http://www.yamelo.com/ It has a timeline of top-40 songs so it is easily searchable.

On my birthday it was Abba with "The winner takes it all" :biggrin:

On 12/25/72 the number one song was Me and Mrs. Jones by Billy Paul. As I recall I didn't care for it at the time, but hey it's grown on me.

Tom Mattson said:
On 12/25/72 the number one song was Me and Mrs. Jones by Billy Paul.

That song brings back memories that can't be discussed in public. I would so like to tell you about the Vaughn twins. :tongue2:

Ivan Seeking said:
That song brings back memories that can't be discussed in public.

Oh, stop man! I'm starting to sprout one just thinking about it. Well, "Jones" was an alias, but still... :tongue2:

Borek said:
Giving the title is almost like giving your exact birthday date, especially if you were born when something obscure was at the top :wink:

Never heard about Telstar & The Tornadoes :grumpy:
The father of Matthew Bellamy, front of the English alternative rock band Muse was in Telstar & The Tornadoes. Some of the songs (like Knights of Cydonia / Ridin' the Wind) even have the same tune.

mcknia07 said:
"Straight up" by Paula Abdul.
qspeechc said:
"Straight Up" by Paula Abdul.

I only know her from American Idols, never heard her music.

And the birthday paradox is confirmed!

Mk said:

:rofl:
I was also thinking about it ..

"Mr. Custer" by Larry Verne. Never heard of it.

If I were born 1 year earlier or later, it would have been way cooler:
either Mack the Knife or Hit The Road Jack.

Turning 50 this year? Such a young one!

Redbelly98 said:
"Mr. Custer" by Larry Verne. Never heard of it.
It was a novelty song.

Mk said:
It's unrelated. In the birthday paradox, the birthyear is irrelevant.

turbo-1 said:
Turning 50 this year? Such a young one!

Next year :grumpy:

"Blame It on the Rain" by Milli Vanilli

I've never heard of that before...

jimmysnyder said:
It's unrelated. In the birthday paradox, the birthyear is irrelevant.

But it is a birthday paradox type of calculation, though far more complicated by the observation that Billboard Chart Toppers may be there for varying lengths of weeks. And the weeks are taken over some number of decades and that distribution is further complicated by potential lumpiness in PF demographics.

It's my long lost twin, qspeechc!

Ooh, I'm special. I got two songs! I guess there was a tie. :biggrin:
"Maggie May/ Reason to Believe" by Rod Stewart

turbo-1 said:
Novelty song that happened to hit the pop charts...
Ms Music said:
Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band.

Never heard of it...

obodiodo
turbo-1 said:
... born when "Come Softly to Me" by the Sevilles was #1
"The Happy Organ" by Dave "Baby" Cortez was #1 just after the Sevilles hit..

Last edited:
1985 ... "Shout" by Tears for Fears

haha sweet i love that song.

This thread is making me feel really old. I know most of the membership here is considerably younger than I am, but seeing you all born with songs at the top of the charts that I remember coming out while I was in high school is really rubbing it in!

<h2>1. What does "#1 song on the day you were born" mean?</h2><p>The "#1 song on the day you were born" refers to the song that was at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart on the day you were born. This is a weekly chart that ranks the most popular songs in the United States based on radio airplay, sales, and streaming data.</p><h2>2. How do I find out what the #1 song was on the day I was born?</h2><p>You can find out the #1 song on the day you were born by searching for "Billboard Hot 100 [date of your birth]" on a search engine. There are also websites and apps that allow you to enter your birth date and find out the #1 song.</p><h2>3. Why is the #1 song on the day I was born significant?</h2><p>The #1 song on the day you were born is significant because it represents the most popular and influential song at that time. It can also give insight into the cultural and musical trends of the era in which you were born.</p><h2>4. Can the #1 song on the day I was born change?</h2><p>Yes, the #1 song on the day you were born can change if new data is added to the Billboard Hot 100 chart. This can happen if a song gains more radio airplay, sales, or streams than the previous week's top song.</p><h2>5. Is the #1 song on the day I was born the same for everyone?</h2><p>No, the #1 song on the day you were born will be different for everyone, as it is based on your birth date. However, if you were born on the same day and year as someone else, you will have the same #1 song.</p>

1. What does "#1 song on the day you were born" mean?

The "#1 song on the day you were born" refers to the song that was at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart on the day you were born. This is a weekly chart that ranks the most popular songs in the United States based on radio airplay, sales, and streaming data.

2. How do I find out what the #1 song was on the day I was born?

You can find out the #1 song on the day you were born by searching for "Billboard Hot 100 [date of your birth]" on a search engine. There are also websites and apps that allow you to enter your birth date and find out the #1 song.

3. Why is the #1 song on the day I was born significant?

The #1 song on the day you were born is significant because it represents the most popular and influential song at that time. It can also give insight into the cultural and musical trends of the era in which you were born.

4. Can the #1 song on the day I was born change?

Yes, the #1 song on the day you were born can change if new data is added to the Billboard Hot 100 chart. This can happen if a song gains more radio airplay, sales, or streams than the previous week's top song.

5. Is the #1 song on the day I was born the same for everyone?

No, the #1 song on the day you were born will be different for everyone, as it is based on your birth date. However, if you were born on the same day and year as someone else, you will have the same #1 song.