About transformer configuration

In summary: Hz transformer has voltage drop of 2% and 4% of load voltage, due to winding resistance and leakage reactance respectively, at full load. 230v is maintained at the secondary terminal. The full load copper loss is equal to the iron loss. All parameters are referred to the secondary side. find1. the primary voltage at full load and unity power factor2. the half load efficiency at 0.8 power factor lagging.3. The load power factor at which the voltage regulation would be zero.In summary, we have a 15kva, 2300/230v,
damithfirst
i may need your help for following question.

15kva, 2300/230v, 50Hz transformer has voltage drop of 2% and 4% of load voltage, due to winding resistance and leakage reactance respectively, at full load. 230v is maintained at the secondary terminal. The full load copper loss is equal to the iron loss. All parameters are referred to the secondary side. find

1. the primary voltage at full load and unity power factor
2. the half load efficiency at 0.8 power factor lagging.
3. The load power factor at which the voltage regulation would be zero.

Engineering news on Phys.org
welcome to pf!

hi damithfirst! welcome to pf! :wink:
damithfirst said:
i may need your help for following question.

you may indeed!

let's find out

show us what you've tried, and where you're stuck, and then we'll know how to help! :smile:

i am stuck in the beginning with this text
"voltage drop of 2% and 4% of load voltage, due to winding resistance and leakage reactance respectively" what is this means? how can i add this data for any formula.

hi damithfirst! :smile:
damithfirst said:
i am stuck in the beginning with this text
"voltage drop of 2% and 4% of load voltage, due to winding resistance and leakage reactance respectively"

i think you are supposed to ignore the words "due to winding resistance and leakage reactance" …

just read it as "voltage drop of 2% and 4% of load voltage" :wink:

""i think you are supposed to ignore the words "due to winding resistance and leakage reactance" …
""

seems to me those words could be mighty important - might they suggest a complex impedance?

Take those "givens" one at a time.

What is a transformer configuration?

A transformer configuration refers to the way in which the primary and secondary windings of a transformer are connected. This determines the voltage and current ratio between the input and output of the transformer.

What are the different types of transformer configurations?

The three main types of transformer configurations are step-up, step-down, and isolation. Step-up transformers increase voltage, step-down transformers decrease voltage, and isolation transformers have equal input and output voltages.

What is the purpose of a transformer configuration?

The purpose of a transformer configuration is to transfer electrical energy from one circuit to another without changing the frequency. It also allows for the conversion of voltage levels to match the requirements of different electrical devices.

How is a transformer configuration determined?

The transformer configuration is determined by the ratio of the number of turns in the primary and secondary windings. This ratio is based on the desired voltage and current output of the transformer.

What factors should be considered when selecting a transformer configuration?

When selecting a transformer configuration, factors such as the required voltage and current levels, type of load, and efficiency should be considered. The type of input voltage and frequency should also be taken into account to ensure compatibility.