by metroplex021
Tags: invariant, lorentz, number, particle
Share this thread:
strangerep
Apr17-14, 03:07 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 1,886
Quote Quote by metroplex021 View Post
Strangerep, do you have the section ref for Weinberg? I can't seem to find thie discussion of this.
Yeah -- he "hides" it under "Symmetries of the S-Matrix", section 3.3. (That's where you can find stuff about modifications to the Lorentz boost operator for interacting theories.)

I have a love-hate relationship with Weinberg. His subsection numbering and indexing are very poor -- all the more so since his textbook is supposed to be a research reference tome (sigh).

You might also be interested in some of the other references in this old thread -- they might fill in more of the gaps.

(Btw, these don't cover my oblique mention of "interactions vanishing sufficiently fast at asymptotic times". If you want to know about that, I'll have to dig out some other references.)
metroplex021
Apr17-14, 01:56 PM
P: 119
Thank you very much! So appreciated. :)
Mordred
Apr17-14, 03:53 PM
P: 1,857
you may find this reference on fields handy, I often refer to it in my self studies. Tends to help fill in the blanks on numerous articles and textbooks I read with regards to QFT

"Fields" by W.Siegel
http://arxiv.org/abs/hepth/9912205

Register to reply