Czech Republic vs Ghana: Early Goal by Ghana, 3-1 Czechs

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: This was an amazing match and I am looking forward to the rest of the group stage matches.In summary, Ghana 2-0 the Czech Republic. The CR defence looked absolutely terrible and they were chasing the game. Essien also ran the game well. The czechs are always unlucky. Great game by Ghana. After the Czech red card, they looked like they were playing with 8 players - absolutely impotent, save for the one header late in the game. And Ghana squandered a few easy chances towards the end; the score could as well have been 4-0. But the set-up to the second Ghana goal was just brilliant.
Early goal by ghana! I still see 3-1 to the Czechs

Physics news on Phys.org
Still 0-1 after a half of play. Interesting...

Ghana 2-0! The CR defence looks absolutely terrible

They were chasing the game. Essien also ran the game well. The czechs are always unlucky.

Great game by Ghana. After the Czech red card, they looked like they were playing with 8 players - absolutely impotent, save for the one header late in the game. And Ghana squandered a few easy chances towards the end; the score could as well have been 4-0. But the set-up to the second Ghana goal was just brilliant. Good show by Ghana. Group E is still alive.

Oh boy... I bet 1:0 for Portugal and it was 2:0, I bet 1:0 for Ghana, it was 2:0, I bet 2:0 for U.S and it will probably be 1:0 ;p

heartless said:
I bet 2:0 for U.S and it will probably be 1:0 ;p

Man... start thinking that one over. I'd change the "for" to "against" US.

Nonetheless you're brave in supporting US.

heartless said:
Oh boy... I bet 1:0 for Portugal and it was 2:0, I bet 1:0 for Ghana, it was 2:0, I bet 2:0 for U.S and it will probably be 1:0 ;p
Don't lose heart, heartless. :wink: You were the only one to correctly guess the outcome of this game. About two-thirds of us had the score right, with the polarity (for want of a better word) wrong. The wrongest prediction was BobG's - one of his least patriotic predictions, methinks!

I think he should score negative points on that one! :biggrin:

Gokul43201 said:
Don't lose heart, heartless. :wink: You were the only one to correctly guess the outcome of this game. About two-thirds of us had the score right, with the polarity (for want of a better word) wrong. The wrongest prediction was BobG's - one of his least patriotic predictions, methinks!

I think he should score negative points on that one! :biggrin:
Eh, I guess it shouldn't have come as that big a surprise. Czech Republic still looked like the team ranked second in the world by FIFA - but who knew Ghana was the best team in the world? :rofl:

I think that first goal eliminated any intimidation of the World Cup atmosphere. They looked great! (Well, except for the PK - getting a yellow and hitting the post on the same PK makes for a pretty special memory to tell the grandkids about.)

This was one of the most surprising matches. I just couldn't tear myself away for a single second when I was watching this match. Ghana did an excellent job in all respects- defence, passing, goalkeeping and all. Kingston did a brilliance job of goal-keeping for Ghana. In the second half, the Czechs were literally at the mercy of Ghana's agression. In one word- Superb!

The match was a real treat to football fans. Cech's goalkeeping was brilliant. But for that, the scoreline could have looked worse for Czech Republic.

What is the significance of the early goal by Ghana in the Czech Republic vs Ghana match?

The early goal by Ghana set the tone for the rest of the match and gave them an early advantage. It also put pressure on the Czech Republic to catch up, potentially affecting their game strategy.

What was the final score of the Czech Republic vs Ghana match?

The final score was 3-1 in favor of the Czech Republic. Despite Ghana's early goal, the Czechs were able to make a comeback and secure the win.

What factors may have contributed to the Czech Republic's victory over Ghana?

The Czech Republic may have had better overall team chemistry and strategy, as well as individual skill and experience. They may have also been able to adapt to and counter Ghana's early goal, ultimately leading to their win.

Did the Czech Republic and Ghana have any previous matches against each other?

According to records, the Czech Republic and Ghana have only played against each other once before, in a friendly match in 2006 where the Czech Republic won 2-0.

What can we learn about the Czech Republic and Ghana's performance from this match?

This match highlights the strengths and weaknesses of both teams, and can offer insights into their playing styles and potential for future matches. It also shows the importance of adaptability and resilience in a competitive match.