Anyone knows the name of the text?

• Thread starter Tensaiga
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Text
In summary: ISBNs are just the ISBNs of books. Just because you don't see the ISBN on the page doesn't mean that it isn't there. I'm assuming that you already have the book. If you don't, you can get it from the library or a bookstore.
Tensaiga
i couldn't find anything about the authors or the name of this text, has anybody seen this book before? If you did, could you please tell me it's name?

PS: Sorry, this is the best i could do, only 4 pages...from chapter 1. THEY don't even have a table of contents...THANKS

Attachments

• tb Preview.pdf
    269.4 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Since the doc is still pending approval and we can;t see it, it may be helpful if you could find an ISBN on the text (if it was printed).

Last edited by a moderator:
FredGarvin said:
Since the doc is still pending approval and we can;t see it, it may be helpful if you could find an ISBN on the text (if it was printed).
If he knew the ISBN, would he need to be asking anyone what the book was?:confused:

I think it's Resnick and Halliday+the new author. I disticntly remember reading Lord Kelvin's quote, although it was an edition from the 60s, and that particular section started with a story about him.

Its Definitely Serway and Beichner 5th edition or 6th. I have the 5th and its exactly the same as the pages you provided.

Oh really?? thank you every much, i read a few pages of this book, and i found to be very interesting and easier to understand. Our book is the first eddition of fundamentals of physics made in 1986...so old, and confusing.

PS: I think the mean reason i like the other text better is that for some reason it has the similar material as our text, expect explained better. LOL.

Thanks

Well as far as serway is concerned for an introductory physics book its very very good. There are over 40 chapters about 1500 pages and the hardback only cost me 35 pounds brand new. To me that is value for money. especially considering I've paid for paperback texts with only 200 pages for the same price!

DaveC426913 said:
If he knew the ISBN, would he need to be asking anyone what the book was?:confused:
Hey. You never know. There are a lot of people out there that have no idea how to use a search engine.

1. What is the purpose of the text?

The purpose of the text is to convey information or ideas to the reader.

2. Who wrote the text?

The author of the text is not specified or known.

3. When was the text written?

The date of when the text was written is unknown.

4. What is the genre of the text?

The genre of the text could vary depending on its content, but it could be a novel, essay, article, or any other form of written work.

5. Can you provide any context or background information about the text?

Without knowing the title or author of the text, it is difficult to provide specific background information. However, the context of the text could be inferred by analyzing its content, language, and style.