Polywell 1st Quarter 2011 Results Up

• Thread starter Drakkith
  • Start date
In summary: I'm sorry to hear that. Despite the low budget, I'm interested to see what this research will produce. Yep. I'm sorry to hear that. Despite the low budget, I'm interested to see what this research will produce.
Drakkith
Mentor
Link here: http://www.recovery.gov/Transparency/RecipientReportedData/Pages/RecipientProjectSummary.aspx?AwardIDSUR=46419&PopId=309748

Summary: Quarterly Activities/Project Description: As of 1Q/2011, the WB-8 device operates as designed and it is generating positive results. EMC2 is planning to conduct comprehensive experiments on WB-8 in the next 9-12 months based on the current contract funding schedule.

I wonder what "positive results" means...hopefully something good!

Polywell wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polywell

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Drakkith said:
Link here: http://www.recovery.gov/Transparency/RecipientReportedData/Pages/RecipientProjectSummary.aspx?AwardIDSUR=46419&PopId=309748

Summary: Quarterly Activities/Project Description: As of 1Q/2011, the WB-8 device operates as designed and it is generating positive results. EMC2 is planning to conduct comprehensive experiments on WB-8 in the next 9-12 months based on the current contract funding schedule.

I wonder what "positive results" means...hopefully something good!

Polywell wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polywell
There is written 7,000,000+ USD and at the EMC2 web-site the building process of reactor generating net power estimated at 200 millions.
What are they going to do with this not big funding?

Last edited by a moderator:
Joseph Chikva said:
There is written 7,000,000+ USD and at the EMC2 web-site the building process of reactor generating net power estimated at 200 millions.
What are they going to do with this not big funding?

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question.

If developer company estimates the construction cost of reactor might to give net power at 200 millions what can they do with 7 millions?

Last edited:
Joseph Chikva said:
If developer company estimates the construction cost of reactor might to give net power at 200 millions what can they do with 7 millions?

The 7 million is simply for research and development of a working "prototype" to see if the engineering and theories are sound and to work out issues on a small scale before they become huge mega problems in a large reactor. If the device performs well and everything points to net power production when scaled up, that will be when someone funds them or builds a working reactor.

I understand this. But 7 millions is very low funding in comparison of other programs.

Joseph Chikva said:
I understand this. But 7 millions is very low funding in comparison of other programs.

Yep.

What is the significance of Polywell's 1st quarter 2011 results being up?

The 1st quarter 2011 results being up indicates that there has been an increase in the performance or success of Polywell during that time period. This could be in terms of financial gains, market share, or other key performance indicators.

What factors contributed to Polywell's 1st quarter 2011 results being up?

There could be various factors that contributed to Polywell's 1st quarter 2011 results being up. Some possible reasons could be a strong demand for their products or services, effective cost management strategies, or successful marketing campaigns.

How does Polywell's 1st quarter 2011 results compare to previous quarters or years?

To determine the significance of the 1st quarter 2011 results being up, it is important to compare it to previous quarters or years. This will give a better understanding of the overall trend and growth of Polywell's performance.

What impact could Polywell's 1st quarter 2011 results have on the company's future?

The 1st quarter 2011 results being up could have a positive impact on Polywell's future. It could attract investors and stakeholders, improve the company's reputation, and pave the way for future growth and expansion.

What are some potential challenges that Polywell may face despite their 1st quarter 2011 results being up?

Despite the positive results, there may be some challenges that Polywell could face in the future. These could include changes in the market, competition, or economic downturn. It is important for the company to continuously monitor and adapt to these challenges to sustain their success.

Back