Predicting the End: The Scientific Truth Behind the Rapture

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
In summary, Rhody is worried that the rapture will happen and he's not fit for heaven, Valhalla, or the Christian heaven. He's also worried that he won't be able to attend the rapture chat because he has a meeting at 6pm. At the chat, he's excited to see which members disappear at 6PM, just a scientific experiment. He's out of the chat at the end because he's going to a meeting. There will be a radio show about the rapture tomorrow, and Rhody hopes to hear it online. He loves levitating and doesn't like the feeling of not being able to breathe or bumping his
not true - mental disability can bring out all sorts of weird behavior. you are thinking with a rational mind. that is not necessarily true of someone with mental/emotional problems.

if you can't see the immaturity of our actions at this point, there is nothing further that i can say to demonstrate this to you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Physics-Learner said:
not true - mental disability can bring out all sorts of weird behavior. you are thinking with a rational mind. that is not necessarily true of someone with mental/emotional problems.

We have no reason to believe they are mentally disabled. You can't use that as an argument. That's circular logic.

Last edited:
I think that perhaps you have a pulled a fast one on me and I have egg on my face.

You are mocking them just like we are; you're using the 'pity them' gambit, which is just as derisive, but cloaked in pretend concern. In fact, what you are doing is calling them 'mentally disturbed', which is as bad as 'nuts'.

Well played.

keep on rationalizing.

Well, they were wrong, another end of times prediction that didn't happen.

DaveC426913 said:
Matthew 24:36 - Jesus is quoted saying; "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only"
Interestingly and perhaps not coincidentally, I did receive a visit from my friends who are Jehovah's Witnesses, and they made a point to read that line. I always enjoy their visits. :biggrin:

As far as I know, all predictions as to the end of the world being before today have been proven incorrect.