'The Most Dangerous Moment In History'

In summary, the video is about a man who is looking good and one of the few people who has the courage to call a duck a duck. The video also talks about the Cuban Missile Crisis and how close nuclear war came.
Willowz
Just another great video on youtube. Thought it was worth sharing. Sorry if it's a bit too sentimental or emotional. But, I guess there is a good reason that it is so. Anyways post what you think, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
I love that man and he is looking good.

Cuban Missile Crisis
Arguably the most dangerous moment in the crisis was only recognized during the Cuban Missile Crisis Havana conference in October 2002...

During the conference Robert McNamara stated that nuclear war had come much closer than people had thought. Thomas Blanton, director of the National Security Archive, said, "A guy called Vasili Arkhipov saved the world."

I think that guy ought to be posthumously (he died in 1999) awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

I was 14 at the time and remembered being at school (in Cambridge, England) on Saturday 27th October feeling sick in the stomach thinking ; "Today is the end of the world".

Every Sunday we would tend to go as a family for a drive in the country, or go to relatives in Peterborough, living in Cambridge that meant driving through the Fenlands and passing the massive USAF bases at Alconbury or Mildenhall. That Sunday we drove deeper into the fens and passed an RAF base with all its AA missiles ready for launch. I kept scanning the horizon from the back of the car for flashes of light and mushroom clouds, thinking, "This is it". As time went on my fears subsided but now later I can reflect on how nearly right I had been. It still brings me out in a cold sweat.

Garth

Last edited:
Always is good listen Robert McNamara is a good morning start up :) very emotional

1. What is "The Most Dangerous Moment In History"?

"The Most Dangerous Moment In History" refers to a potential event or situation that could have catastrophic consequences for humanity, possibly leading to extinction or irreversible damage to the planet.

2. What makes this moment so dangerous?

This moment is considered dangerous because of the complex and interconnected challenges facing humanity, such as climate change, nuclear weapons, and global political instability. These issues have the potential to escalate quickly and have devastating consequences.

3. Is this danger a recent development?

No, the potential for a dangerous moment in history has been present for many years, but it has become more apparent in recent times due to technological advancements and global interconnectedness.

4. Can we prevent this dangerous moment from happening?

While it is impossible to predict and prevent every potential danger, there are steps that can be taken to mitigate the risks. This includes international cooperation, responsible decision-making, and investing in sustainable solutions to global issues.

5. What can individuals do to help prevent this dangerous moment?

Individuals can play a role in preventing this dangerous moment by educating themselves on global issues, making sustainable choices in their daily lives, and advocating for change through peaceful means. Additionally, individuals can support organizations and initiatives that are working towards mitigating these risks.