Physics Science Fair Project Idea HELP NEEDED

In summary, the conversation is about a 15-year-old student looking for ideas for a selective Physics Science Fair in their country. They mention that most students will be helped by their Physics teachers, but their teacher is not supportive. The student talks about wanting to win the competition and finding an idea for their project. They express disappointment with the lack of helpful responses on the forum. Another user suggests talking to another instructor for help. The conversation ends with the moderators locking the thread.
JerryM
Hello everybody !
I'm a 15 years old student in ninth grade.My country will do the selective Physics Science Fair for ISEF.The winners will have opportunity to compare on I-Sweep next year.All best students of my country will participate in this competition.Most of them will be helped very much by their Physic teachers but my physics teacher is ... ughh :@ "ohh i don't have time to spend with this things -.-"so... i talked with one of my friends older than me who will compete in ISEF to but we will helped by his professor and this is the only way.I searched on internet and i thought to make a project about Green Plant Electricity(its not that i like it but this was the only one that seemed easy enough to do ) , but when i saw the winners of last year ISEF I thought again about my choice . A Novel Paper Sensor for the Detection of Cancers < The name of the last year best project, and it is made by a fifteen years old boy , it seems difficult for a 15 year old student :P.
I really want to win this competition(who doesent).
Please give me an idea or anything else that might help !

Physics news on Phys.org
this forum doesent seems to help much -.-

JerryM said:
this forum doesent seems to help much -.-

That's because you waited an amazing long time period of three hours. Try to be more patient and try to complain less, you'll get your answers eventually.

By the way, what is the question in your post actually? It's not clear to me.

Do you want us to come up with an idea for you?

No one here wants to just give you ideas -- that would essentially be cheating. I myself have no idea what goes on in high school science fairs (I didn't go to high school), so it's difficult to gauge what would be the right speed, anyway.

Are you able to talk to another instructor in your school? I'm sure they'd probably help you if you tell them you have a strong interest and that your teacher isn't able to do much for you right now.

micromass said:
By the way, what is the question in your post actually? It's not clear to me.

Do you want us to come up with an idea for you?

Dude i don't think that any of those kids in ISEF got the idea by " their spiritual mind " ex:really , a 15 years old boy discoveres a way to detect pancreatic cancer. All the project that kids will present are not NEW to this world are the same , but i thought someone here would have a good experience in this kind of stuff and it would suggest me a project or something like that i you understand what i mean ;)

Thank you for your attention!

seaofghosts said:
No one here wants to just give you ideas -- that would essentially be cheating. I myself have no idea what goes on in high school science fairs (I didn't go to high school), so it's difficult to gauge what would be the right speed, anyway.

Are you able to talk to another instructor in your school? I'm sure they'd probably help you if you tell them you have a strong interest and that your teacher isn't able to do much for you right now.

-.- as i mentioned i don't expect someone to come up with a NEW idea for me to win the competition :P . I just hoped that someone would have done any project in the past that might be the right one for this sitation or something like that :)

Thank you for your attention !

You should ask a teacher or an advisor. We are not here to do your or their job.

Thread locked.

1. What is a good topic for a physics science fair project?

A good topic for a physics science fair project is one that interests you and involves the principles and laws of physics. Some popular topics include motion, energy, electricity, magnetism, and light.

2. How do I choose the right materials for my project?

Choosing the right materials for your project depends on what you are trying to demonstrate or test. Make sure the materials are easily accessible and safe to use. You can also consult with your teacher or a scientific advisor for recommendations.

3. Can I conduct my experiment at home?

Yes, many physics science fair projects can be conducted at home with simple materials. However, some experiments may require specialized equipment or safety precautions. Be sure to get permission from your parents or guardians and follow all safety guidelines.

4. How do I make my project stand out in a science fair?

To make your project stand out, choose a unique topic and design an eye-catching display. Include clear and concise explanations of your experiment, results, and conclusions. Use visuals such as charts, graphs, and pictures to make your project visually appealing.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid when presenting a physics science fair project?

Some common mistakes to avoid when presenting a physics science fair project include not following the scientific method, not having a clear hypothesis, and not including enough detail in your project display. It is also important to practice your presentation and be prepared to answer questions from judges and viewers.