Need More of This Crazy Physics Idea? Let Me Explain!

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of needing more nuclear weapons for peace, and asks for other examples of things that may seem crazy to need more of but are essential. Some suggestions include money, love, chaos, computational power, and diversity in science and technology fields. The conversation also brings up the idea of funding for scientific experiments and the potential cost of obtaining free gluons.
nukeman
Let me explain. Suppose I wanted to make the argument that we need more nuclear weapons. Sounds absolutely crazy, but based on some theories (I don't agree with) the more strength you have to more peace you will have.

Can someone give me an example of anything else related to physics/astrophysics/weapons/energy that it sounds CRAZY to say we need more of, but its essential that we have more?

:)

Physics news on Phys.org
money? :smile:

tiny-tim said:
money? :smile:

You beat me to it. QFT

Anomalies.

Gluons.

Super strings to bind up all the nukes.

Jimmy Snyder's

Strings and dark matter.

Love

Love without Physics is pointless. Physics without love is just cruelty to cats.

fourier.jpg

Chaos, randomness.

or

Scotty, we need more power! Computationally, that is.

One can never have too many cores.

And more women in science, engineering, technology and management.

Funding

We need more jobs, less multi-billion dollar particle physics experiments.

Last edited:

1. What is the "crazy physics idea" that you are explaining?

The "crazy physics idea" in question is the concept of using quantum entanglement to teleport information between two points instantaneously.

2. How does quantum entanglement work?

Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon where two particles become linked in such a way that the state of one particle affects the state of the other, regardless of the distance between them.

3. Is it actually possible to teleport information using quantum entanglement?

While the concept of teleportation through quantum entanglement is possible in theory, it is not currently possible with our current technology and understanding of quantum mechanics.

4. What are the potential applications of this crazy physics idea?

If we were able to successfully teleport information using quantum entanglement, it could revolutionize communication and data transfer, making it faster and more secure.

5. What are the challenges or limitations of this idea?

The main challenges of this idea include the difficulty of creating and maintaining entangled particles, the vulnerability to external interference, and the need for a reliable way to decode the information at the receiving end.