Ranting About My Tests: The Unending Struggle

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
In summary: I'm sooooo happy. In summary, the teacher said 85% is an A, and most people did not finish or were not sure about what they did on the test. The test was hard, but I finished all the problems and got a 65%.
Cyrus
I hate tests. Last thursday I had a criminal Justice test, which I studied 2days for, I think I did ok on it though (Above 85%). Today I had my thermogoddammics test. I studied about 25 hours for that test. The teacher said before hand not to feel bad if we did not finish in time. There were only two problems and he said if you get about 85% be very happy because that's an A. I finished all the problems, so hopefully I got at least a 65% on the exam, which would mean a low C. Most people did not finish or were not sure about what they did. Damn that class is hard :grumpy: Now I get to study my ass off for my stat test on Thusday, and then I get to study my ass off after that exam for my Electronics class. Isn't school life such fun!....no its not I was being ironical. Ranting is fun though.

:tongue:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
cyrusabdollahi said:
I hate tests. Last thursday I had a criminal Justice test, which I studied 2days for, I think I did ok on it though (Above 85%).
why are you taking that class? Just curious.

Today I had my thermogoddammics test.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I call my French 2 class "Francais Duh". I have a test for that class this week and some kind of quiz in biology tonight. Yeah, tests are really a pain aren't they? What I hate the most are the slow-grading teachers. I always go crazy waiting for the score. My chem teacher was awesome. She always graded our papers right after the test. Loved her!:!)

I can't even remember the last time I had a test. All of my classes are seminars, which means read, discuss, write response papers, and for the larger assignments, write thesis papers (not a masters, just 10 pages or so with a thesis).

Math Is Hard said:
I call my French 2 class "Francais Duh". I have a test for that class this week and some kind of quiz in biology tonight.
Is it easy? I remember the days when French was easier (I'm taking French 5 AP right now). Do you plan to continue learning French after this year?

z-component said:
Is it easy? I remember the days when French was easier (I'm taking French 5 AP right now). Do you plan to continue learning French after this year?
It's not too bad. I call it Francais Duh, because it's a 4-hour-long Saturday morning class, and near the end of hour 4 my attention span is completely shot. So, if the teacher calls on me, I have little more to say than "duhhh.." or more correctly "euh..." ::biggrin:
AP French 5, huh? Whew! I have to knock out one more quarter of French after this one and then my language credit will be complete. I'm not 100% sure, but I think everyone at UCLA has to do three quarters of a foreign language.
It is fun, though. I think I would like to pick it up again after I finish my degree. Maybe then I could do some of the fun conversational classes. My teacher is really cool. She was Tom Cruise's language coach during the filming of Interview with the Vampire. :smile:

I'd like to continue French in college later this year-- I just have to figure out how to schedule it into my busy year in engineering! I also wanted to do a minor in mathematics but I have no clue how I can make room for the minor, French, and engineering courses...

Sweetness, 92% on my crim test.

1. What is the purpose of "Ranting About My Tests: The Unending Struggle"?

The purpose of "Ranting About My Tests: The Unending Struggle" is to provide a platform for students to express their frustrations and struggles with taking tests, and to create a sense of community among those who can relate to the experience.

2. Who can contribute to "Ranting About My Tests: The Unending Struggle"?

Anyone can contribute to "Ranting About My Tests: The Unending Struggle" as long as they follow the guidelines and rules set by the platform. This includes students, teachers, and anyone else who has experienced the struggles of taking tests.

3. Is "Ranting About My Tests: The Unending Struggle" a scientific platform?

No, "Ranting About My Tests: The Unending Struggle" is not a scientific platform. It is a platform for personal expression and community building, not for conducting scientific research.

4. How can "Ranting About My Tests: The Unending Struggle" be beneficial for students?

"Ranting About My Tests: The Unending Struggle" can be beneficial for students by providing a space for them to vent their frustrations and connect with others who understand their struggles. It can also help students feel less alone in their experiences and offer a sense of support and validation.

5. Can "Ranting About My Tests: The Unending Struggle" have a positive impact on education?

Yes, "Ranting About My Tests: The Unending Struggle" can have a positive impact on education by promoting open and honest discussions about the challenges of taking tests. It can also encourage educators to reflect on their teaching methods and consider alternative ways of assessing student learning.