Download Feynman Lectures: Where to Find

In summary: Needless to say it is not legal to sell those books ouside mainland China, but it is perfectly legal to posess such a copy.http://www.worldcatlibraries.org/ocl...ngs?loc=hawaiiIn summary, the Feynman lectures are available for download from www.physicsforums.com.
rocketg
Does anyone know where to download the Feynman lectures at?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=161014

You didn't even need to use the search function to find this one, it's on the front page! :-p

The F lectures are really a bargain at ~100 bucks for the complete hardcover set. I suggest downloading them from a shelf at your nearest university bookshop.

I suggest downloading them from a shelf at your nearest university bookshop.

I just find it funny that the nearest university bookshop at which I could pick up the Feynman lectures is at least 2000 miles away:biggrin:

i.e. the OP could always try www.amazon.com[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Crosson said:
I just find it funny that the nearest university bookshop at which I could pick up the Feynman lectures is at least 2000 miles away:biggrin:

i.e. the OP could always try www.amazon.com[/URL][/QUOTE]

Ok, I'll bite.

Where the heck are you located? In an island in the middle of the Pacific? In a research outpost in Antarctica? :confused:

I'm in Hawaii!

I think it is good for people to keep a perspective on geographical barriers to learning, despite the advances of the modern age. Just 10 years ago it would have been next to impossible for me to obtain that series of feynman lectures in any form.

http://www.worldcatlibraries.org/oclc/531535&tab=holdings?loc=hawaii

Talking about distances, in China you can buy the 3 volumes, legally, for pennies on the dollar.

I was amazed by the untranslated science books that are available. Big publishers, like Springer, Addison Wesley, Cambridge etc, have special licenses for their books for sale in mainland China. For instance the Springer Graduate Texts in Mathematics series goes for about $6 a piece.

Needless to say it is not legal to sell those books ouside mainland China, but it is perfectly legal to posess such a copy.

http://www.worldcatlibraries.org/ocl...ngs?loc=hawaii [Broken]

Oh, very good Robphy. I am not on that particular island, and I had to make the assumption that they did not have it based on my attempt to request it as a freshman years ago.

Times change fast when you are in some ways 20 years behind the U.S. mainland:smile:

1. Where can I find the Feynman Lectures to download?

The Feynman Lectures are available for download on various websites such as Project Gutenberg, Internet Archive, and Caltech's website. They can also be found on eBook platforms such as Kindle and Google Play Books.

2. Are the Feynman Lectures free to download?

Yes, the Feynman Lectures are in the public domain and can be downloaded for free from various websites. However, some eBook platforms may charge a small fee for the convenience of downloading the lectures.

3. Can I download the entire set of Feynman Lectures at once?

Yes, the complete set of Feynman Lectures is available for download as a single file on some websites. However, it is recommended to download the lectures in individual volumes for easier access and navigation.

4. Are there any audio or video versions of the Feynman Lectures available for download?

Yes, there are audio and video versions of the Feynman Lectures available for download on various websites and platforms. These versions may include additional commentary or explanations from other scientists and educators.

5. Can I download the Feynman Lectures in languages other than English?

Yes, the Feynman Lectures have been translated into multiple languages and are available for download on some websites. However, not all volumes may be available in every language, so it is recommended to check the specific language version before downloading.