Solving for i and e in a Grounded Line with Initial Conditions

• Thread starter ashish.dltg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Marks
In summary, marks or grades in academia are a way to measure and evaluate a student's performance in a course. This can include tasks or assignments, exams, class participation, and overall understanding of the material. In some cases, 10 marks may be a significant portion of a final grade, while in others it may be a smaller percentage. To earn 10 marks for a task, it is important to carefully follow instructions and demonstrate understanding of the material. However, marks are not the only measure of success in academia, as other factors such as critical thinking skills and growth are also important. It is important to strive for a balance between earning good marks and truly understanding the subject matter.
ashish.dltg

Homework Statement

Find the current i and voltage e in a line of length l, t seconds after the ends are suddenly grounded, given that i(x,0)=i0, e(x,0)=e0 sin(3.14x/l)

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
It's not worth 10 marks to me! If you want to get credit for it, show you deserve it.

To solve for i and e in a grounded line with initial conditions, we can use the following equations:

i(x,t) = i0cos(2πt/T)sin(πx/l)

e(x,t) = e0cos(2πt/T)cos(πx/l)

Where i0 and e0 are the initial current and voltage, respectively, T is the period of the line, and l is the length of the line. These equations are derived from the wave equation for a grounded line, which takes into account the initial conditions and the length of the line.

To find the current and voltage at a specific time t, we can plug in the values for i0, e0, T, and l into the equations and solve for i(x,t) and e(x,t).

It is important to note that these equations assume a perfect, lossless line. In reality, there may be some resistance and other factors that could affect the current and voltage in the line. However, for a simplified model, these equations can provide a good approximation.

Additionally, it is important to consider the units of the variables. Current is typically measured in amperes (A) and voltage is measured in volts (V). The length of the line, l, should be in meters (m) and the period, T, should be in seconds (s).

In conclusion, to solve for i and e in a grounded line with initial conditions, we can use the wave equations for a perfect line and plug in the appropriate values for the given parameters. These equations provide a simplified model for the current and voltage in the line, but may not account for all real-world factors.

1) What does "This is worth 10 marks" mean?

This statement typically refers to a specific assignment or task that has a value of 10 marks towards a final grade or evaluation. It is a way for instructors to communicate the importance or weight of a particular assignment.

2) How are marks calculated in academia?

In academia, marks or grades are typically calculated based on a variety of factors, such as assignments, exams, class participation, and overall performance in the course. Each instructor or institution may have their own specific grading system, so it is important to consult the course syllabus for more information.

3) Is 10 marks a significant portion of a final grade?

This can vary depending on the grading system and the overall weight of the course. In some cases, 10 marks may be a significant portion of a final grade, while in others it may be a smaller percentage. It is important to understand the weight of each assignment in relation to the overall grade in order to prioritize and manage time effectively.

4) How can I earn 10 marks for this task?

In order to earn 10 marks for a task, it is important to carefully read and follow the instructions provided by the instructor or assignment guidelines. It may also be helpful to seek clarification or ask questions if needed. Additionally, putting in effort and demonstrating understanding of the material can also contribute to earning full marks.

5) Are marks the only measure of success in academia?

No, marks are not the only measure of success in academia. While they are an important aspect of academic performance, other factors such as learning and understanding of the material, critical thinking skills, and overall growth and development are also important measures of success. It is important to strive for a balance between earning good marks and truly understanding the subject matter.