Find Simple Circuit Schematics and Build Instructions

In summary, a website that has circuit schematics and instructions on how to make simple circuits is needed.
Marghk
I've currently got an assignment for a basic physics class. The job to be done is that I need to create a simple circuit that holds some use in society. It doesn't need to be too complicated but I've been stuck on finding a decent website that I could get a circuit schematic/build instructions from.

Some examples of the simplicity of the design needed would be:

- Amplifier
- A simple hand eye coordinated game (Move a metal pole through a long wire without it touching otherwise an alarm is set off)

These are just 2 examples of what other people are doing.

If anyone can find a website that shows how to make these simple circuits, including items needed and instructions on making I will be incredibly grateful.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, I cannot think of a website off of the top of my head (besides good ol' wikipedia), but I have an idea for the project. You could hook up numerous batteries of rising voltage in parallel with a lightbulb, and a metal piece that slides inbetween wires that connect the batteries to the light, so when it slides past, it connects a stronger battery to the light. Then, at the bottom of the metal piece put a spring for force resistance.

What this will do is the further the metal piece slides into the batteries, the brighter the light gets. Basically a scale or force meter.

You can find tons of circuit schematics here:
www.discovercircuits.com

If you have a specific question about a particular schematic or some general theory, post back in the electrical engineering forum.
You have posted what others are doing, but what are some of your thoughts?

Marghk said:
I've currently got an assignment for a basic physics class. The job to be done is that I need to create a simple circuit that holds some use in society. It doesn't need to be too complicated but I've been stuck on finding a decent website that I could get a circuit schematic/build instructions from.

Some examples of the simplicity of the design needed would be:

- Amplifier
- A simple hand eye coordinated game (Move a metal pole through a long wire without it touching otherwise an alarm is set off)

These are just 2 examples of what other people are doing.

If anyone can find a website that shows how to make these simple circuits, including items needed and instructions on making I will be incredibly grateful.

this will be a nice design for your project with this design you will kill them all
http://hades.mech.northwestern.edu/wiki/index.php/Image:555_pinout.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I find simple circuit schematics?

To find simple circuit schematics, you can search online for electronic component suppliers, circuit design websites, or tutorials. You can also purchase books or attend workshops on circuit design. Additionally, many university websites offer free resources on circuit schematics.

2. What tools do I need to build a simple circuit?

The tools you will need to build a simple circuit include a breadboard, wires, resistors, capacitors, diodes, and a power source. You may also need a soldering iron, wire cutters, and a multimeter for more complex circuits.

3. How do I read a circuit schematic?

Reading a circuit schematic can seem overwhelming at first, but it follows a standardized format. The symbols represent different electronic components, and the lines connecting them indicate how they are connected. You can find guides and tutorials online to help you understand the symbols and connections.

4. How can I ensure my circuit is safe to build and use?

Before building a circuit, it is important to double-check your schematic and make sure all connections are correct. You should also use appropriate safety precautions, such as wearing safety goggles and working in a well-ventilated area. After building the circuit, test it with a multimeter to ensure it is functioning properly.

5. Where can I get step-by-step instructions to build a simple circuit?

There are many online resources that provide step-by-step instructions for building simple circuits. You can also find instructional books or attend workshops. Additionally, many electronic component suppliers offer instructions and tutorials on how to use their products in circuit designs.