VOTE Photo Contest Group 1 - Dog Day Afternoon

In summary, the conversation on the Physics Forums is about a photo contest featuring dogs. There are seven entries, each with a unique and adorable dog. The participants are having a hard time choosing just one dog to vote for, but they express their appreciation for all the submissions. The conversation also includes some discussion about the breeds of the dogs and tips for taking a good photo. Overall, the participants are grateful for the opportunity to participate in the contest and thank everyone for their submissions.

VOTE PF Photo Contest Group 1 - Dog Day Afternoon

• ManDay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • _MayDay_

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • larkspur

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • binzing

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • scorpa

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • BobG

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • 0TheSwerve0

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
PF has gone to the dogs! Not only that, this could be a very difficult contest to vote on. So thanks to everyone who submitted a photo.

You have 1 vote in each of the group.

1. ManDay
y35376ii.jpg

2. _MayDay_
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8972/pie5ho1.jpg [Broken]

3. larkspur
2303539872_e278daef37_o.jpg

4. binzing
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3435/ernie1bn0.jpg [Broken]

5. scorpa
Vader-1.jpg

6. BobG
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/8344/spring026mc7.jpg [Broken]

7. 0TheSwerve0
IMG_3423.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=219011"

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Lots of beautiful dogs. Hard to choose just one.

Went for the German Shepherd, fine looking animal.

BobG, that's just too precious!

Had to go with BobG

Schrodinger's Dog said:
Went for the German Shepherd, fine looking animal.

Do you mean mine? He is actually a Belgian Tervuren :) Not to many people are familiar with that breed, but they are becoming more common.

scorpa said:
Do you mean mine? He is actually a Belgian Tervuren :) Not to many people are familiar with that breed, but they are becoming more common.

Ah ok, I thought it was a German Shepherd with a darker coat, just goes to show how much I know about pedigree dogs.

Had to go with scorpa's regal-looking buddy.

Voted Larkspur, nice dog!

I went with MayDay. Cute pose, cute dog and a nice photo.

No votes for Manday's?

It is a tough contest, but you have less than 2 days left to cast a vote in the first round of this contest. So cast your votes now!

Zz.

larkspur said:
I went with MayDay. Cute pose, cute dog and a nice photo.

THANKS!

Thank you everyone who voted! Pie will be pleased!

Very close and nice doggies, so I went for composition. First rule, get on eye level with the subject. certainly not top down. Obviously Larkspur did that best.

1. What is the "VOTE PF Photo Contest Group 1 - Dog Day Afternoon" about?

The "VOTE PF Photo Contest Group 1 - Dog Day Afternoon" is a photo contest organized by the PF (Pet Friends) community to showcase the cutest and most photogenic dogs. The theme for this particular group is "Dog Day Afternoon", where participants are encouraged to capture their dogs in fun and playful moments during the afternoon.

2. Who can participate in the contest?

Anyone who is a member of the PF community can participate in the contest. This includes pet owners, pet lovers, and photographers who specialize in pet photography. However, only one entry per person is allowed.

3. How can I submit my entry?

To submit your entry, simply post your photo on the designated thread in the PF community forum. Make sure to follow the guidelines and format provided by the organizers. Also, don't forget to include a caption and the name of your dog in your post.

4. How will the winner be determined?

The winner will be determined through a voting system. After the submission period, all entries will be compiled and posted in a voting poll. The PF community members can then vote for their favorite photo. The entry with the most number of votes will be declared as the winner.

5. What is the prize for the winner?

The winner will receive a special feature on the PF community website and social media pages, as well as a prize provided by the contest sponsors. The exact prize may vary for each contest, so make sure to check the rules and guidelines for more details.