Where Can I Find a Water Proof Pressure Sensor for Sump Detection?

In summary, a water proof pressure sensor is a device that accurately measures the pressure of liquids or gases in harsh environments. It works by converting pressure into an electrical signal, and has various applications in industries such as marine, oil and gas, and environmental monitoring. The accuracy of these sensors can vary, but most have an accuracy of around ±0.1% of full scale. When choosing the right sensor for an application, factors such as pressure range, accuracy, output type, and environmental conditions should be considered. It is also important to ensure proper certification and compatibility with the substance being measured.
rkotha
Hi All,

I am looking for a pressure sensor to detect water pressure in a sump. Sensor has to be in contact with the water media directly. It should be water proof and insensitive to sun light. Also, I want the sensor the dimensions of the sensor to be relatively small. Can anyone help me in locating the vendors for this type of sensor?

Thanks for your help.

-Rama

Engineering news on Phys.org
sending a pm to avoid "shameless plug"

dr

1. What is a water proof pressure sensor?

A water proof pressure sensor is a device that measures the pressure of a liquid or gas in a water-proof environment. It is designed to withstand exposure to water and other harsh conditions without affecting its accuracy or functionality.

2. How does a water proof pressure sensor work?

A water proof pressure sensor works by using a pressure-sensitive element, such as a diaphragm or piezoresistive material, to convert the applied pressure into an electrical signal. This signal is then amplified and processed by the sensor's electronics to provide a precise measurement of the pressure.

3. What are the applications of water proof pressure sensors?

Water proof pressure sensors have a wide range of applications, including in the marine industry for measuring depth and pressure in water, in the oil and gas industry for monitoring pipelines and offshore structures, in environmental monitoring for measuring water levels and flow rates, and in industrial processes for measuring pressure in water-based systems.

4. How accurate are water proof pressure sensors?

The accuracy of water proof pressure sensors can vary depending on the specific sensor and its intended use. However, most high-quality sensors have an accuracy of around ±0.1% of full scale. It is important to carefully consider the accuracy requirements for your specific application when selecting a water proof pressure sensor.

5. How do I choose the right water proof pressure sensor for my application?

When choosing a water proof pressure sensor, there are several factors to consider, including the pressure range, accuracy, output type, environmental conditions, and compatibility with the liquid or gas being measured. It is also important to ensure that the sensor is properly certified and meets industry standards for your specific application.