Engineering MS with a bachelors in business?

You may have to take additional courses before applying to the masters program. In summary, the speaker is a recent graduate with a bachelors in business administration who is considering going back for a second bachelors in engineering. They are one semester away from completing an associate degree in engineering and are wondering if going straight into a masters program for environmental engineering would be a good idea. They mention having taken all the necessary math and engineering courses for their current degree. They are seeking advice on the practicality of pursuing a masters degree in environmental engineering from their current position.
whiteg
Hello two years ago I graduated from a private college in missouri with a bachelors in business administration. One year before I graduated I was 100% sure I wanted to go back and get a bachelors degree in engineering. I am now one semester away from getting an associate in engineering from a community college in kansas city. I am wondering if going straight into a masters engineering program from here would be a good idea or not. I intend to go into environmental engineering. Eventually consulting. Would this be a good idea or would i be setting myself up for failure? Any comments are much appreciated. Again, I will complete my associate in engineering one semester from now. An associates in engineering includes all math classes including calculus 3 and differential EQ, statics, dynamics, circuit theory, thermodynamics, and strength of materials. So I will have had all of these courses. How possible and practical is it to go for a masters in environmental engineering from here?

Physics news on Phys.org
You should look at the program you have in mind and see what prerequisites they expect.

1. What is an Engineering MS degree with a Bachelor's in Business?

An Engineering MS degree with a Bachelor's in Business is a graduate level program that combines the principles of engineering with business management skills. It is designed for individuals who have completed a Bachelor's degree in business, but are interested in pursuing a career in engineering.

2. What are the requirements to apply for an Engineering MS program with a Bachelor's in Business?

The specific requirements may vary depending on the university, but generally, applicants must have a Bachelor's degree in business or a related field. They may also need to have taken certain prerequisite courses in math, physics, and engineering. Some programs may also require GRE scores and letters of recommendation.

3. What are the benefits of pursuing an Engineering MS with a Bachelor's in Business?

One of the main benefits is that it allows individuals to combine their business and engineering skills, making them more competitive in the job market. Additionally, it opens up opportunities for career advancement and higher salaries in both the engineering and business fields.

4. Can I specialize in a specific area of engineering with an Engineering MS and Bachelor's in Business?

Yes, many universities offer specializations within their Engineering MS programs. Some common areas of specialization include mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and industrial engineering. It is important to research the specific program you are interested in to see what specializations they offer.

5. What career paths can I pursue with an Engineering MS and Bachelor's in Business?

Graduates of an Engineering MS program with a Bachelor's in Business have a variety of career options available to them. They may work in engineering management, project management, research and development, or consulting roles. They may also choose to pursue careers in the business world, such as in operations management or business development.