Preparing for Exams: Fundamental of Physics 8th Ed. - Ch. 30-36

• Thread starter noxnoxmox
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exam
In summary: I'll try to study them as well. From what I've read, the types of problems that tend to show up on exams are problems that you're not 'genius' enough to answer right away. The only way to become 'genius' enough to answer them is by challenging yourself with difficult problems that you struggle to answer. Not quite happy though
noxnoxmox
I have an exam coming this week and the book I use is Fundamental of physics 8th edition.

Chapters include from 30 - 36

Induction and Inductance

Electromagnetic Oscillations and Alternating Current

Maxwell's Equations; Magnetism of Matter

Electromagnetic Waves

Images

Interference

Diffraction

I would like to know what kind of problem in the book are important. For example: CH 30 Problem 45

Thanks in advance

PS: if it is in the wrong Thread, please do not delete it but change it to the right Thread

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
All of them. There is no way anyone here can answer that question for you. We don't know what is explicitly on the exam and we arent your professor. The only way to properly prepare yourself for an exam is to do every problem available.

Thank you for your comment {Clever-Name} ==> but I am not genius enough to get all the answers correct; I was aiming for the most questions that are important.

I will be waiting for more hope from other member's.

Is that HRW? I seem to vaguely recall that book having starred questions that are harder then the other questions, or something.

Anyways, do you have access to past papers? If so, I'll assumed you've done them (you definitely should). Try to find the questions that are relevant to the types of questions that tend to come up in your exam.

{Disconnected}
10 problems assign in the test

=====

Well I have done all the homework problems & the professor choose some of them from there

but still three are out of the homework; So that why I am asking for more problems

I need to make at lest B in this test

I still stand by my answer. You can't expect to be able to get every question right, but by looking at the harder questions and attempting them you'll be more prepared for the exam. By doing all of the easier problems you'll have the foundations down so that you at least have the knowledge to start a problem you usually struggle with.

From my experience the questions on exams are the questions that you aren't 'genius' enough to answer right away. The only way to become 'genius' enough to answer them is by challenging yourself with difficult problems that you struggle to answer.

not quite happy though

I know that I will be studying either way Thanks for your concern {Clever-Name}

===========

For other people who just showed up, what advice do you recommend. I mean more than 70 people enter and only two has respond; just shame of you guys !

My professor I know you are there; I saw you the other day searching on this forum ;;;

Tell me some of the problems :tongue:

What are the key topics covered in these chapters?

The key topics covered in these chapters include electric and magnetic fields, electromagnetic waves, electric circuits, and optics.

What is the best way to prepare for exams on these chapters?

The best way to prepare for exams on these chapters is to regularly review the material, practice solving problems, and actively participate in class discussions and activities.

Are there any helpful resources available for studying these chapters?

Yes, there are various resources available such as study guides, practice tests, and online tutorials that can help supplement your understanding of the material.

How important is it to understand the fundamental concepts in these chapters?

Understanding the fundamental concepts in these chapters is crucial as they serve as the foundation for more complex topics in physics. It is important to have a strong grasp of these concepts in order to succeed in higher level physics courses.

What are some common mistakes students make when studying for exams on these chapters?

Some common mistakes students make when studying for exams on these chapters include not reviewing the material regularly, not seeking help when needed, and not fully understanding the concepts before attempting to solve problems. It is important to address these issues in order to effectively prepare for exams.