Organic Chemistry: Get Spider Diagram for AS Level

In summary, the conversation is about finding a spider diagram for AS level chemistry that shows the reactions between different organic groups, specifically alkanes to alkenes to alkano and oxidizing reactions. The person is advised to consult their textbook or the internet for more specific reactions, as the expert summarizer cannot provide a summary of all the reactions involved. They suggest looking in the appendices section of the organic chem book for constant values of reactions.
amo1
does any1 know where i can get a spider diagram for as level chemisry, like the reactions between different organic groups and suchlike

thank you :biggrin: :smile:

Chemistry news on Phys.org
You're going to have to be more specific here...what specific reactions are you referring to?

Sirus said:
You're going to have to be more specific here...what specific reactions are you referring to?
its for like alkenes to alkanes to alogeno and oxdising (for the as course)

Consult your text or the internet, then come back to PF for help with specific reactions. I can't summarize oxidation/halogenation reactions of hydrocarbons and alkene-to-alkane reactions here.

many reactions are involved... in the alkanes to alkenes... pls see your back portion of your organic chem book in the appendices section... i know the author/s put it there the costant value of some reaction...:)

1. What is organic chemistry?

Organic chemistry is the branch of chemistry that deals with the study of carbon-containing compounds. These compounds are found in living organisms and play a vital role in various biological processes.

2. What are some common topics covered in AS level organic chemistry?

Some common topics covered in AS level organic chemistry include functional groups, isomerism, nomenclature, reaction mechanisms, and spectroscopy.

3. How can a spider diagram help with studying organic chemistry?

A spider diagram, also known as a mind map, is a visual representation of information. It can help organize and connect different concepts and ideas in organic chemistry, making it easier to understand and remember complex topics.

4. Are there any useful resources for creating spider diagrams for AS level organic chemistry?

Yes, there are many online tools and software programs that can help create spider diagrams for AS level organic chemistry. Some popular options include MindMeister, XMind, and Lucidchart.

5. How can I use spider diagrams to prepare for my AS level organic chemistry exams?

Spider diagrams can be a useful study tool for organizing and reviewing key concepts and information before exams. They can also help identify any gaps in your understanding and highlight areas that need further study.