High School Physics Books Help

In summary, the speaker has recently found out that they will be teaching physics for the first time at a new school. They are in need of an older edition physics textbook and are asking for suggestions. One person recommends College Physics by Serway and Faughn for AP Physics, while another suggests Giancoli for AP Physics B, Haliday and Resnick for AP Physics C, and Serway for regular physics. The speaker is grateful for any help.
baker41951
I have just learned that I will be teaching physics this year. It is the first year that the school will have physics (a new school). I have not taught physics before. The administrator thought that they had a textbook, but they do not. I am looking for a physics textbook for this year, it must be an older edition so I can by used. The students start on Monday, I just found out I am teaching physics yesterday. Next year the school will be ordering all new books so I just need something to get by. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good textbook?

Thank you for your help

Physics news on Phys.org
For my AP Physics class we used College Physics by Serway and Faughn. It was pretty good and had lots of homework problems to practice. You can prolly find used versions of it. I'm just a student btw, but I thought the book was pretty useful.

Is this AP Physics B or C, or regular physics?
for AP B: Giancoli
for AP C: Haliday and Resnick
for regular: Serway

1. What is the purpose of high school physics books?

High school physics books are designed to introduce students to the fundamental concepts and principles of physics. They cover topics such as motion, force, energy, electricity, and magnetism, and provide a foundation for more advanced studies in physics.

2. How can high school physics books help students?

High school physics books can help students by providing a clear and organized presentation of physics concepts, examples, and practice problems. They also often include hands-on activities and experiments to help students apply what they have learned and develop critical thinking skills.

3. Are high school physics books suitable for all levels of students?

While high school physics books are primarily designed for students in grades 9-12, they can be used by students of all levels. The difficulty level of the material may vary, but most books provide explanations and examples that can be understood by students with varying levels of prior knowledge.

4. How can parents and teachers use high school physics books to support learning?

Parents and teachers can use high school physics books to support learning by reviewing the material with students, helping them with practice problems, and providing additional resources or activities to reinforce concepts. They can also use the books to track student progress and identify areas where extra help may be needed.

5. Are high school physics books necessary for success in college-level physics courses?

While high school physics books provide a strong foundation for college-level physics courses, they are not necessarily required for success. Students who have a strong understanding of the fundamental physics concepts and principles can often skip ahead to more advanced material in college. However, high school physics books can still be a useful resource for review and practice.