C7-10-ISO Alkane: CAS No. 90622-56-3

• Thread starter japcarmaniac
  • Start date
In summary, For future reference, it is recommended to bookmark ChemSpider for easier access to chemical information. In this specific case, the compound 2,4-dimethylhexane can be found by searching its CAS registry number, 90622-56-3, on Google or ChemSpider. Google may not always provide the desired results, but ChemSpider is a reliable source for chemical information.
japcarmaniac
C7-10-ISO

cas no. 90622-56-3

much appreciated

thanks

Chemistry news on Phys.org
For future reference, I would recommend bookmarking ChemSpider.

Having said that - 2,4-dimethylhexane.

Also, in general, if you search by CAS registry number on Google like you gave us, I would be surprised if you can't find the desired compound on the first page.

Mike H said:
For future reference, I would recommend bookmarking ChemSpider.

Having said that - 2,4-dimethylhexane.

Also, in general, if you search by CAS registry number on Google like you gave us, I would be surprised if you can't find the desired compound on the first page.

google didnt give me what i was looking for but chemspider worked great thanks.

for sharing this information! I can confirm that C7-10-ISO Alkane with CAS No. 90622-56-3 is a type of alkane compound with a molecular structure of C7-10. This compound may have various uses in different industries, such as in the production of plastics, fuels, and lubricants. Its unique molecular structure allows for different properties and applications compared to other alkanes. Further research and analysis of this compound can provide valuable insights and potential applications in various fields. Thank you for bringing this compound to our attention.

1. What is C7-10-ISO Alkane?

C7-10-ISO Alkane is a type of organic compound that belongs to the class of alkanes. It is composed of 7 to 10 carbon atoms, arranged in a branched structure. It has the chemical formula C7H16-C10H22 and a CAS number of 90622-56-3.

2. What are the properties of C7-10-ISO Alkane?

C7-10-ISO Alkane is colorless and odorless. It has a low boiling point and is insoluble in water. It is also highly flammable and can form explosive mixtures with air. It is commonly used as a solvent in various industries.

3. What are the potential hazards of C7-10-ISO Alkane?

C7-10-ISO Alkane is considered to be a hazardous substance. It can cause irritation to the skin, eyes, and respiratory system upon direct contact. It is also harmful if ingested or inhaled. In case of exposure, it is important to seek medical attention immediately.

4. How is C7-10-ISO Alkane produced?

C7-10-ISO Alkane is primarily produced through the process of fractional distillation, where it is separated from crude oil. It can also be synthesized through the catalytic cracking of petroleum fractions or the hydrogenation of alkenes.

5. What are the common uses of C7-10-ISO Alkane?

C7-10-ISO Alkane is commonly used as a solvent in various industries, such as paints, coatings, adhesives, and cleaning products. It is also used as a fuel in stoves and lamps. Additionally, it is used in the production of other chemicals, such as detergents and waxes.