Is Jeremy Lin the Ultimate Team Player?

• Thread starter mathwonk
  • Start date
In summary, Jeremy Lin is a very talented player who has impressed many people with his play in the NBA. He went to high school about 10 miles from where I live and is from Harvard, so it's not surprising that many people are overlooking his accomplishments. He is a player who is still learning and should be careful not to become too pressure
mathwonk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
i can't find a jeremy lin thread. am i clueless and/or are you guys/girls such geeks you are on a different planet? he is from harvard, my alma. i think everyone is still ignoring the obvious, namely that he is showing that basketball is a team game, something the nba has forgotten for decades. moreover players who do not play 4 years in college do not learn this. what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Uh, what's basketball?

just as i thought.

Well, I am not a huge fan of basketball, but he has certainly impressed me. We'll see if he can keep it up though. The pressure may kill him.

He went to high school about 10 miles from where I live. He shoots 3's now (after his latest shooting coach worked with him) at a world-class level. Great stuff. Hope he keeps it up and sets the bar higher.

watch tonight. they are up against the best basketball team in the nba, with lebron james, dwyane(?) wade, and chris bosh,. BUT, a point guard is hopefully more important than 3 stars. so far knicks lead! 32-30. that may be the last time, but so far so good. at least they have not been =embarrassed by the most talented tam in the league.

..did you see that move by amare staudemire?!

Last edited:
Halftime, Knicks down 4. Good game so far.

I find it rather ironic that people have cited his Harvard background as a reason he hadn't gotten opportunities to play much before finally being "discovered" a few weeks back. Are there any other professions where having a Harvard degree puts you at such a disadvantage?

This should be moved to the PF Sports Forum.

It's the pixel right under the PF Lounge Forum.

mathwonk said:
at least they have not been =embarrassed by the most talented tam in the league

No thanks to Jeremy Lin :p

funny i thought basketball was a game. i guess geeks think games are things like video games.

anyway the better team won, but they better watch out, they didn't win by nearly as much as they should have with their talent advantage,

indeed lin had a poor game, but he is player who learns.

mathwonk said:
i can't find a jeremy lin thread. am i clueless and/or are you guys/girls such geeks you are on a different planet? he is from harvard, my alma. i think everyone is still ignoring the obvious, namely that he is showing that basketball is a team game, something the nba has forgotten for decades. moreover players who do not play 4 years in college do not learn this. what do you think?

I haven't followed Bball much since Jerry West and Wilt Chamberlain retired.

How's that new kid, Gail Goodrich, working out. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Redbelly98 said:
Halftime, Knicks down 4. Good game so far.

I find it rather ironic that people have cited his Harvard background as a reason he hadn't gotten opportunities to play much before finally being "discovered" a few weeks back. Are there any other professions where having a Harvard degree puts you at such a disadvantage?

Calvin Hill played football at Yale (and was fraternity brothers with George W Bush) and was drafted in the first round of the NFL draft. I think he's the only football player from the Ivy League to do that.

It actually made some sense, as Tom Landry and the Dallas Cowboys had one of the most complicated offenses of their time.

But for Hill, a high school All-America, going to Yale had more to do with the opportunity to be Yale's first black quarterback than education. He wound up being beat out for the quarterback position and played linebacker before finally becoming a running back.

Bill Bradley, another former Knicks player, attended Princeton and Oxford on a Rhodes Scholarship. After his basketball career, he went into politics and was a Senator and a candidate for President.

1. Who is Jeremy Lin?

Jeremy Lin is a professional basketball player who currently plays for the Beijing Ducks of the Chinese Basketball Association. He gained worldwide fame in 2012 when he became the first American of Chinese or Taiwanese descent to play in the NBA.

2. What teams has Jeremy Lin played for?

Jeremy Lin has played for several teams in the NBA, including the Golden State Warriors, New York Knicks, Houston Rockets, Los Angeles Lakers, Charlotte Hornets, Brooklyn Nets, Atlanta Hawks, and Toronto Raptors. He has also played for the Beijing Ducks in China.

3. Is Jeremy Lin a team player?

Yes, Jeremy Lin is known for his team-first mentality and being a great teammate. He is known for his unselfish play and ability to make his teammates better on the court.

4. What are Jeremy Lin's stats as a team player?

Jeremy Lin's statistics as a team player vary depending on the team and season. However, throughout his career, he has averaged around 10 points per game, 3-4 assists per game, and 2-3 rebounds per game. He is also known for his high basketball IQ and ability to make smart plays on the court.

5. What makes Jeremy Lin a great team player?

Jeremy Lin's work ethic, unselfishness, and ability to make his teammates better are what make him a great team player. He is also known for his positive attitude, leadership, and ability to adapt to different team dynamics. He is a valuable asset to any team he plays for.