Can Radio Waves Change the Electric or Magnetic Properties of Metals or Liquids?

In summary, the conversation discusses the potential effects of radio waves on organic tissue and their ability to alter the properties of metals and liquids. The use of radio waves in underwater communication is also mentioned, along with questions about wave functions and coefficients. The need for clear and knowledgeable explanations, possibly with mathematical equations, is also brought up.
Neuvotonian
So mobile devices use radio waves so I had this thought that if there was evidence linking radio waves with changing organic tissue structure is the evidence that radio waves can be used to change the electric or magnetic properties of metals or liquids? Underwater walk talky jabbering for example? How does water allow or disallow for the passing of radio waves. What kinda wave functions am I trying to find? I'm thinking you got a standard treatment where the frequency can dampen or strengthen given the distance traveled though I don't know of any coefficients for that. Explanations with mathematical equations can be complex if you explain the steps between the primary result equations or link to a text that does. I don't want this to get theory blather closed so knowledgeable comments would be nice.

Thanks for the read?

Physics news on Phys.org

What are "Radio Lattice Interactions"?

"Radio lattice interactions" refer to the interactions between radio waves and the lattice structure of a material. This can include phenomena such as reflection, refraction, and diffraction, which are influenced by the properties of the lattice, such as its spacing and orientation.

How do radio waves interact with the lattice structure of a material?

Radio waves interact with the lattice structure of a material through a process called scattering, where the waves are deflected or redirected by the lattice. This can result in effects such as the reflection of radio signals off of buildings or mountains.

What factors influence radio lattice interactions?

The properties of the lattice, such as its spacing, orientation, and composition, can influence radio lattice interactions. Additionally, the frequency and intensity of the radio waves, as well as the angle at which they approach the lattice, can also play a role.

Why are radio lattice interactions important?

Understanding radio lattice interactions is crucial for the development and improvement of technologies that rely on radio waves, such as wireless communication systems and radar. By studying these interactions, scientists and engineers can optimize the performance and efficiency of these technologies.

How can radio lattice interactions be controlled or manipulated?

Radio lattice interactions can be controlled and manipulated through various methods, such as altering the properties of the lattice, adjusting the frequency or intensity of the radio waves, and using specialized materials or structures designed for specific interactions. This allows for the customization and optimization of radio-based technologies for various purposes.