Register to reply

Higgs Boson particle

by DrMario
Tags: boson, higgs, particle
Share this thread:
DrMario
Dec30-13, 08:29 PM
P: 1
Hello my name is Jonas. I dont understand what the Higgs-Boson particle is and what its significance is. Could someone explain this to me in laymens terms so I know what Im looking for to do further study on this. Just message me. Thanks and have a good day....Jonas
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physicists unlock nature of high-temperature superconductivity
Serial time-encoded amplified microscopy for ultrafast imaging based on multi-wavelength laser
Measuring the smallest magnets: Physicists measured magnetic interactions between single electrons
phinds
Dec30-13, 08:44 PM
PF Gold
P: 6,111
First, we don't do messaging to answer questions, we put the answers in the thread. Second, we don't do 2 questions in the same thread because it gets too confusing. Please delete your second question and start it in a new thread.
ZapperZ
Dec30-13, 09:07 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 29,239
Second off-topic post was deleted.

Zz.

mfb
Dec31-13, 01:20 PM
Mentor
P: 11,589
Higgs Boson particle

Wikipedia: Higgs boson should give a good overview.

so I know what Im looking for to do further study on this
Particle physics, in particular the Standard Model.
Keep in mind that a proper theoretical understanding of the Higgs mechanism (which is related to the Higgs boson) will need some years of education in particle physics.

Register to reply