Data conversion question

• Thread starter Firefox123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Data
In summary, the conversation discusses how to split a firewire output into two outputs, one for a monitor and one for an analog video signal. The group is trying to find a way to convert the firewire output into NTSC format and is looking for a device that can perform this function. Suggestions include using the camera's AV output or using a Dazzle DV bridge. However, it is noted that this conversion may be difficult to achieve and the camera may already have both outputs available.
Firefox123
Hello all...

Suppose I have a camera that is recording data and then sending it over firewire (1394) to a monitor and displaying VGA (or DVI).

What I want to do is split the firewire into two outputs…

1. The normal fire wire output that gets sent to the monitor
2. An analog video signal (NTSC format) that we will eventually convert
into a fiber signal.

Is there an existing piece of hardware that will perform the function of splitting the firewire output and convert one output to NTSC format? If there is then I am having a difficult time locating it.

Does anyone know of any way to do this?

Russ

Computer science news on Phys.org
You might try seeing if the cameras AV output is active while the computer is driving the firewire connection.
The camera AV output would be your NTSC signal.

To do it the way you are asking is probably possible, but its not likely you will find something that does it.

If I understand you correctly there is a device that can do this. I just need to speak with my friend and ask what it is called. I remember it being very expensive...

I agree with NoTime. You're really barking up the wrong tree with trying to convert FireWire (digital, MPG-compressed video) into NTSC (analog). The camera probably already has both outputs; just use both.

- Warren

1. What is data conversion?

Data conversion is the process of transforming data from one format to another, such as converting data from a physical form to a digital form, or from one file type to another. This is often done to make data accessible and usable in different systems or applications.

2. Why is data conversion important?

Data conversion is important because it allows for the transfer of information between different systems and applications. It also enables data to be used and analyzed in different ways, increasing its value and usefulness.

3. What are the different types of data conversion?

The different types of data conversion include analog-to-digital conversion, digital-to-analog conversion, file format conversion, database conversion, and data migration. Each type involves converting data from one form to another, but they may use different methods and tools.

4. What are the challenges of data conversion?

One of the main challenges of data conversion is ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the converted data. There may also be compatibility issues between different systems or file formats. Additionally, data privacy and security must be taken into consideration during the conversion process.

5. How can data conversion be done effectively?

Data conversion can be done effectively by using reliable and accurate conversion tools and methods, as well as by testing and validating the converted data. It is also important to have a well-defined plan and process in place for data conversion, as well as proper documentation and data backup procedures.