Exploring New Materials: A Focus on Superglue

In summary, A student is struggling with an assignment in chemistry where they need to write an essay on one of three topics: bullet-proof fabric, superconductors, or superglue. They are having trouble finding information and ask for help. They are directed to search for "kevlar" for bullet-proof fabric, "superconductors" for superconductors, and to research "epoxy" for superglue.
decibel
hi everyone, I'm really having trouble with this

My teacher gave us an assignmentin chemistry on one of the following topics:

1)bullut-proof fabric
2)superconductors
3)superglue

i'm supposed to write an essay on one of this topics and describe some specialized new materials that have been created on the basis of the findings of research on the structure of matter, chemical bonding, and other properties of matter.

To tell you the truth, i don't know where to start, i honestly need help, i can't find anything on the internet, but then again i suck at searching, could anyone PLEASE get me started on any of those topic, thanks alot

Physics news on Phys.org
superconductors is an easy one to google.

As for super glue, do some googling to find out what "epoxy" is.

thx a lot guys u really helped i appreicite it

1. What is superglue and how does it work in an essay?

Superglue, also known as cyanoacrylate adhesive, is a strong and fast-drying adhesive that is commonly used in various industries, such as construction, crafts, and household repairs. In an essay, superglue can be used as an analogy or metaphor to represent a strong and unbreakable bond between ideas or concepts.

2. What are some common themes or topics that can be explored in an essay about superglue?

Some common themes or topics that can be explored in an essay about superglue include the history and development of superglue, its chemical properties and composition, its various uses and applications, and its impact on society and the environment.

3. How can I structure my essay on superglue?

There are various ways to structure an essay on superglue, but a common structure would include an introduction that provides background information and introduces the topic, body paragraphs that explore different aspects of superglue, and a conclusion that summarizes the main points and provides a final thought or perspective.

4. Are there any potential challenges or misconceptions when writing an essay on superglue?

One potential challenge when writing about superglue is avoiding overused cliches or exaggerations, such as describing it as the "strongest glue in the world." It is also important to research and fact-check any information or claims about superglue, as there may be misconceptions or myths surrounding its use and effects.

5. How can I make my essay on superglue more engaging and interesting?

To make your essay on superglue more engaging, you can incorporate real-life examples or anecdotes, use descriptive language and imagery, and connect the topic to larger issues or themes. You can also consider using a creative or unique approach, such as writing from the perspective of a superglue molecule or interviewing an expert in the field.