Converting Units: How Do I Convert kg/cm^3 to kg/m^3?

• Thread starter Ian Larkin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Si
In summary, to convert kg/cm^3 to kg/m^3, you can use dimensional analysis by setting up the conversion factor of 100 cm/m and repeating the process of canceling out units until you reach the desired unit. Another helpful resource for unit conversions is using Google to search for specific conversions.
Ian Larkin
How do I go about converting kg/cm^3 to kg/m^3? From g/cm^3 to kg/m^3 too. I am sure this is very easy but I can't find how to do it anywhere.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Use dimensional analysis, like so:

kg/cm^3 to kg/m^3
[tex]
\frac{kg}{cm^3} \times \left ( \frac{100 cm}{m} \right )^3 = \frac{kg}{m^3}
[/tex]

When both the numerator and denominator change, just repeat the process of canceling out units until you get to where you want to be.

The best resource for changing units (despite dimensional analysis) is google.

You can search for "convert 100cm^2 to m^2" and such for almost anything in math, science, and money conversions

What is a SI conversion?

A SI conversion is the process of converting a unit of measurement from one system to another, specifically from the metric system (SI) to other systems such as imperial or US customary units. This is done to facilitate communication and consistency in scientific and everyday measurements.

What is the difference between SI and imperial units?

The main difference between SI and imperial units is the base units used. SI units are based on the International System of Units, which uses the meter, kilogram, second, ampere, kelvin, mole, and candela as base units. Imperial units, on the other hand, use units such as inches, feet, pounds, and gallons as base units.

Why is it important to use SI units in science?

SI units are used in science for several reasons. Firstly, they are based on a standard set of base units, making it easier to communicate and compare measurements across different experiments and studies. Additionally, SI units are based on the decimal system, which makes it easier to convert between different units. Finally, SI units are used internationally, allowing for consistency and clarity in scientific communication across different countries.

How do I convert between SI units?

To convert between SI units, you can use conversion factors or conversion equations. Conversion factors are ratios that relate two different units, while conversion equations involve mathematical calculations based on the relationship between the units. It is important to note that when converting between units, the numerical value may change, but the quantity represented remains the same.

Are there any resources available for SI unit conversions?

Yes, there are many resources available for SI unit conversions. These include online conversion calculators, conversion tables, and conversion books. Additionally, many scientific calculators have built-in conversion functions. It is important to double-check your conversions using reliable sources to ensure accuracy.