Complex plane graphing program?

In summary, the conversation is about finding a free downloadable program that can graph the complex plane for an assignment on conformal mapping. The person is not confident in their ability to rearrange equations and prefers to do things exactly rather than by hand. They ask for ideas, and someone suggests looking at horizontal and vertical lines using certain formulas.
brandy
anyone no of a free downloadable program the graphs the complex plane. its just I am not to bright but i have to do this assingment on conformal mapping and i can't rearange these equations correctly into rcisthetre form, i like doing things as exact as i can make them and if i did it by hand i would have to do the equation 63 times for 1 question.
so any ideas?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
No, I don't know of any program that graphs the complex plane. I also don't see why it should be necessary to "rearrange equations into r cis theta form" in order to graph.

What I would do is look at horizontal and vertical lines, x+ ia for fixed a and a+ ix for fixed x and see what the function changed those into.

thiese are the formulas i have:
w=ae^iθ-fb+b^2/(ae^iθ+-fb)
w=ae^iθ+ia sinB-fb+b^2/(ae^iθ+ia sinB-fb)
how would that help me?

1. What is a complex plane graphing program?

A complex plane graphing program is a computer program that allows you to visualize complex numbers on a complex plane. It plots the real and imaginary parts of a complex number as coordinates on a 2D plane, making it easier to understand and analyze complex numbers.

2. How do I use a complex plane graphing program?

To use a complex plane graphing program, you would need to input the complex numbers you want to graph and specify the range of values for the real and imaginary axes. The program will then plot the points on the complex plane and may allow you to customize the graph with different colors, labels, and other features.

3. What are the benefits of using a complex plane graphing program?

A complex plane graphing program can help you visualize and understand complex numbers, which can be difficult to grasp using just equations or formulas. It can also assist in solving complex equations and identifying patterns or relationships between complex numbers.

4. Are there any limitations to a complex plane graphing program?

One limitation of a complex plane graphing program is that it can only represent 2D plots, so it may not be suitable for visualizing higher dimensional complex numbers. Additionally, the accuracy of the graph may be limited by the precision of the program and the complexity of the equations being graphed.

5. Are there any other applications of a complex plane graphing program?

Yes, complex plane graphing programs can be used in various fields such as engineering, physics, and economics to visualize and analyze complex data and systems. They can also be used in educational settings to aid in teaching and learning complex numbers and their properties.