Calculating Lamp Resistance & Voltage for 18W Tubelight

In summary, the formula for calculating lamp resistance is R = V/I, where R is the resistance in ohms, V is the voltage in volts, and I is the current in amperes. To calculate the voltage for an 18W tubelight, you can use the formula V = P/I, where V is the voltage in volts, P is the power in watts, and I is the current in amperes. The formula for calculating lamp resistance (R = V/I) can be used for any type of lamp, but the formula for calculating voltage (V = P/I) may vary depending on the type of lamp and its wattage. The current for an 18W tubelight can be calculated using the formula
pd_du26rt
how to calculate lamp resistance and lamp voltage to light up a 18W tubelight?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Voltage should be one of the specifications. If the only information we have is 18W, it's impossible to answer this.

And what's a tubelight? Fluorescent? Incandescent?

1. What is the formula for calculating lamp resistance?

The formula for calculating lamp resistance is R = V/I, where R is the resistance in ohms, V is the voltage in volts, and I is the current in amperes.

2. How do I calculate the voltage for an 18W tubelight?

To calculate the voltage for an 18W tubelight, you can use the formula V = P/I, where V is the voltage in volts, P is the power in watts, and I is the current in amperes. In this case, the power (P) is 18 watts.

3. Can I use the same formula for calculating lamp resistance and voltage for any type of lamp?

The formula for calculating lamp resistance (R = V/I) can be used for any type of lamp, but the formula for calculating voltage (V = P/I) may vary depending on the type of lamp and its wattage.

4. How can I determine the current for an 18W tubelight?

The current for an 18W tubelight can be calculated using the formula I = P/V, where I is the current in amperes, P is the power in watts, and V is the voltage in volts. In this case, the voltage (V) can be measured or estimated based on the type of tubelight being used.

5. What are the units of measurement for calculating lamp resistance and voltage?

The units of measurement for calculating lamp resistance are ohms (Ω), while the units for calculating voltage are volts (V). Both resistance and voltage are important factors in determining the efficiency and performance of a lamp.