Do Men Really Lie More Than Women?

In summary, the average British male tells 3 lies a day, women tell twice that amount. However, because married people tell more lies than single people, the study's conclusions are questionable. Additionally, the study's methodology is faulty because it relies on surveys taken by women.
My wife tells me the same lie over and over. She keeps telling me that I'm "wasting time on that damn Physics Forum". :tongue:

Physics news on Phys.org
That's no lie, that's opinion.

Borg said:
My wife tells me the same lie over and over. She keeps telling me that I'm "wasting time on that damn Physics Forum". :tongue:

At least you are honest enough to tell her the truth no matter how much trouble you get in. I'm a coward. I just tell her I'm on on hulu. - It gets me in less touble. :cool:

BobG said:
Lying is good for you.

Honesty breeds depression. And lying helps a person recover from depression.

This is the biggest bull I heard in my life. What breeds depression are subpar genes.

DanP said:
This is the biggest bull I heard in my life. What breeds depression are subpar genes.

I have bogey genes

rewebster said:
I have bogey genes

Ahh, the evil gene :P That breeds many things, but yeah, not depression:devil:

BobG said:
Lying is good for you.

Honesty breeds depression. And lying helps a person recover from depression.

DanP said:

Subpar is a subjective term.

People whose genes result in clear perception and the ability to see the world as it is suffer from depression. Who can lie if they have no understanding of how a person could believe a lie?

People whose genes result in them having only a tenuous grip on reality are happy. Heck, they're not even sure whether they're really lying or not.

I'm usually happy. I was also married to an alcoholic for 30 years. A tenuous grip on reality can be a good thing.

stevenb said:
At least you are honest enough to tell her the truth no matter how much trouble you get in. I'm a coward. I just tell her I'm on on hulu. - It gets me in less touble. :cool:

LOL! See, women are more honest. Last night, I was talking with my boyfriend (about this thread, actually), and after I conceded some trivial point to him, he said, "See, I'm not as dumb as I look." My response was completely truthful..."Usually." :biggrin:

men lie more often because we are usually the ones conceding trivial points. :wink:

Ya men don't lie women force us to lie!