Looking for a thesis to my master

In summary, the individual is a master's student in Electric Engineering specializing in power and is seeking new ideas for their thesis topic. They have four years of experience in system control and are specifically looking for something new in the area of power systems. They have mentioned an interest in the Smart Grid and its efficient management of power between the grid and consumers, as well as the potential impact of electric transportation and exchangeable batteries. They are open to answering any questions and would appreciate ideas to begin their research.
Mr. B
Hello engineers around the world,
I am studying My master in Electric Engineer specialize in power. I have just finished my first semester and I am in the second one now. I am totally lost because I don't know what topic should I choose for my Master degree. Most of the researches now are bout the wind form and the renewable energy, and there are lots of it. I am looking for something new. I really need a new idea something rare, will not rare, let say something new in the area of the power system. I have been working for four years as a control dispatcher so I have some experience about system control too.
Any way my dear engineers ask me any question and I will answer it, but please I need an idea to start work with it in my Master.
Sincerely

Engineering news on Phys.org
Mr. B said:
Hello engineers around the world,
I am studying My master in Electric Engineer specialize in power. I have just finished my first semester and I am in the second one now. I am totally lost because I don't know what topic should I choose for my Master degree. Most of the researches now are bout the wind form and the renewable energy, and there are lots of it. I am looking for something new. I really need a new idea something rare, will not rare, let say something new in the area of the power system. I have been working for four years as a control dispatcher so I have some experience about system control too.
Any way my dear engineers ask me any question and I will answer it, but please I need an idea to start work with it in my Master.
Sincerely

Welcome to the PF.

What do you know about the Smart Grid? What are the most efficient ways to cycle power back and forth between the power generating grid and consumers and accommodate electric transportation? What would be the ramifications of exchange-able batteries for personal electric transportation, versus having to include the time delay of recharging? What are the tradeoffs? What kind of weather-related and other-related variables should go into a truly Smart Grid's control network? (what other questions can you think of to start you off in your investigation...?)

1. What is the purpose of a thesis for a master's degree?

A thesis is a written document that presents original research and findings on a specific topic. It is a requirement for obtaining a master's degree and demonstrates the student's ability to conduct independent research, analyze data, and communicate their findings in a scholarly manner.

2. How do I choose a topic for my master's thesis?

Choosing a topic for your master's thesis can be a daunting task. It is important to select a topic that interests you and is relevant to your field of study. You can also consult with your advisor or professors for guidance and suggestions on potential topics.

3. How long should a master's thesis be?

The length of a master's thesis can vary depending on the specific requirements of your program. However, on average, a master's thesis is typically between 40-80 pages, including references and appendices.

4. What is the difference between a thesis and a dissertation?

A thesis is a research project completed for a master's degree, while a dissertation is a research project completed for a doctoral degree. A thesis is typically shorter and less extensive than a dissertation, and it is usually required for a master's degree while a dissertation is required for a doctoral degree.

5. How long does it take to complete a master's thesis?

The time it takes to complete a master's thesis can vary depending on the individual's research, writing, and data analysis skills. On average, it can take 6-12 months to complete a master's thesis, but this can also depend on the specific requirements of your program and the amount of time you can dedicate to your research.