Help Solving an Aim-Spice HFET Modeling Issue with VAX

• Thread starter ArtemSH
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Modeling
In summary, the conversation is about a problem with the HFET model for Aim-Spice and a mistake in the listing of a specific model. The person is also seeking help with a decrease in DI current value.
ArtemSH
Good day!

Please help me with HFET model for Aim-Spice!

I have a problem with IV modeling...

VAX
vds 1 0
vids 1 100
A1 100 2 0 Mhemt l=0.3u w=150u
vgs 2 0
.MODEL Mhemt PHFET
+d1=0.03e-6
+delta=3
+deltad=4.5e-9
+di=0.01e-6
+epsi=1.0841e-10
+eta=1.4
+lambda=0.05
+m=3
+mu=0.4
+nmax=2e16
+rd=0
+rs=0
+sigma0=0.03
+vs=0.8e5
+vto=0.7

please find a mistake in listing...

p.s soory for my english

Engineering news on Phys.org
ArtemSH said:
Good day!

Please help me with HFET model for Aim-Spice!

I have a problem with IV modeling...

VAX
vds 1 0
vids 1 100
A1 100 2 0 Mhemt l=0.3u w=150u
vgs 2 0
.MODEL Mhemt PHFET
+d1=0.03e-6
+delta=3
+deltad=4.5e-9
+di=0.01e-6
+epsi=1.0841e-10
+eta=1.4
+lambda=0.05
+m=3
+mu=0.4
+nmax=2e16
+rd=0
+rs=0
+sigma0=0.03
+vs=0.8e5
+vto=0.7

please find a mistake in listing...

p.s soory for my english

Welcome to the PF. What error are you getting? Is it a SPICE compiler error, or a behavioral anomoly?

As the DI value of current becomes smaller, this effect should not be. How can I make with a decrease in Di current value decreased?

[PLAIN]http://imgsnack.com/images/1msm.png

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is an Aim-Spice HFET model?

An Aim-Spice HFET model is a mathematical representation of a high electron mobility transistor (HFET), which is a type of field-effect transistor (FET) commonly used in microwave and high-frequency applications. The Aim-Spice model is a specific model developed by the company Ansoft Corporation, now part of the company ANSYS, and is commonly used for simulating and analyzing the performance of HFETs.

2. What is VAX and how does it relate to Aim-Spice HFET modeling?

VAX stands for Virtual Analysis eXchange, which is a software platform developed by ANSYS for managing and sharing simulation data. In the context of Aim-Spice HFET modeling, VAX is often used as the platform for running simulations and storing the resulting data. It also allows for collaboration and communication between different users working on the same project.

3. What is the purpose of Aim-Spice HFET modeling?

The purpose of Aim-Spice HFET modeling is to simulate and analyze the electrical behavior of HFETs, such as current-voltage characteristics, small-signal parameters, and noise performance. This allows for prediction of device performance and optimization of design parameters before physical prototypes are fabricated, saving time and resources.

4. What are some common issues encountered when using Aim-Spice HFET modeling with VAX?

Some common issues include convergence problems, incorrect model parameter values, and discrepancies between simulation results and actual device performance. These issues can arise due to various factors, such as improper model setup, incorrect software settings, or limitations of the Aim-Spice model itself.

5. How can I troubleshoot and solve an Aim-Spice HFET modeling issue with VAX?

If you encounter an issue with Aim-Spice HFET modeling in VAX, the first step is to carefully review your model setup and simulation settings to ensure they are correct. If the issue persists, you can consult the ANSYS user manual or seek assistance from the ANSYS customer support team. It may also be helpful to collaborate with other users or experts in the field to troubleshoot and find a solution.

Back