Please give me the meaning of life

• Thread starter Allenbon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, the conversation revolves around the constant desire for more, whether it be money, respect, or power. The participants question where the limit is and what the true meaning of life is. One suggests that it is about enjoying life and being compassionate towards others, while another shares a scientific article on the topic. The conversation ultimately ends with someone closing the thread, stating that nothing good will come from it.
Allenbon
When i get some money that i wanted a want more. When i get some respect that i wanted a want more. It seems same thing is with power. Every time i want more and more and it never stops, where is the limit? And what is a real meaning of life? I'm sure it is not about running to delight all my life.

Physics news on Phys.org
It's 42.

Eat, have children, and be eaten. And do it before this thread gets locked, or worse.

Acquire currency, disregard females.

jedishrfu said:
Practice selfish compassion to learn the meaning of life.

And to this thread on a scientific basis consider this article on the above:

Very interesting article, thank you.
I think i found something similar about the meaning of life here Mod note: religious link removed

Any thoughts on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread begs the question. Based on a flawed premise nothing good will come of it; closed.

1. What is the meaning of life?

The meaning of life is a philosophical question that has been debated by scholars and individuals for centuries. It refers to the purpose or significance of human existence.

2. Is there a universal meaning of life?

Some people believe that there is a universal meaning of life that applies to all individuals, while others argue that the meaning of life is subjective and differs for each person.

3. Can science provide an answer to the meaning of life?

As a scientist, I can say that science is not equipped to provide a definitive answer to the meaning of life. While science can offer insights into the physical and biological aspects of life, the concept of meaning is a philosophical and existential one that goes beyond scientific explanations.

4. Does the meaning of life change over time?

The meaning of life can be influenced by various factors, including one's personal experiences, cultural beliefs, and societal norms. Therefore, it is possible for the meaning of life to change over time as individuals grow and evolve.

5. How can I find the meaning of my own life?

Finding the meaning of one's life is a personal and introspective journey. It may involve self-reflection, exploring one's values and beliefs, and pursuing passions and goals that bring a sense of purpose and fulfillment.