What are Content.IE5 Folders? Explanation Needed!

• Thread starter Sourire
  • Start date
In summary, the Content.IE5 folders are virtual folders used to store compressed files. They can also contain viruses, but these can be detected and removed by running Ad aware and Spybot. It is recommended to use alternative browsers such as Netscape or Opera, as Internet Explorer is known for its vulnerabilities. A hardware firewall, such as a Linksys router, is also recommended for added security.
Sourire
Okay can anyone explain to me what the Content.IE5 folders are good for? I know a lot of compressed files are stored there and I also know that it is a virual folder...

Please explain I have been racking my little brain and figured that I would post here because PF has the answers for everything!

Computer science news on Phys.org
Originally posted by dduardo
How about a google search.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=C...e=off&selm=#lIzgGcQBHA.948@tkmsftngp05&rnum=1

I guess I am wondering how when I delete ALL THE ITEMS IN THE content.ie5 folder EXCEPT for the index.dat I can have a customer scan for a viurs and it show up in that spot and then when we go and try and find it it is not there, and the fact that it regenerated itself.

Run Ad aware and spy bot Search and destroy. They are both free. Just Google search them. They are easy to find and for gosh sake never use IE! Use Opera, Mozilla or Netscape ver 7.1. IE was crap is crap and will always be crap. Unless you like your system to have holes in it.

Secure your PC
Best Free set up-
Run Ad aware and Spybot
Use AVG anti virus and Keiro Firewall
Also use another browser
You will like netscape or opera the best

Also use a good hardware firewall from a router like a linksys.
You will have to cough up a few bucks for a good one.

1. What are Content.IE5 folders?

Content.IE5 folders are temporary folders created by Internet Explorer to store website data and files. They are located in the Temporary Internet Files folder on your computer.

2. Why are there multiple Content.IE5 folders?

Multiple Content.IE5 folders may exist because each folder corresponds to a different Internet Explorer session or user account. This allows for better organization and management of website data.

3. Can I delete Content.IE5 folders?

Yes, you can delete Content.IE5 folders. They are temporary folders and will be automatically recreated when you use Internet Explorer again. Deleting these folders can help free up space on your computer, but keep in mind that it will also delete any data and files stored in them.

4. How do Content.IE5 folders affect my browsing experience?

Content.IE5 folders do not directly affect your browsing experience. They are simply used to store temporary website data and files, which can help improve page loading times and save data for future visits to the same website.

5. Is it safe to delete Content.IE5 folders?

Yes, it is safe to delete Content.IE5 folders. However, be aware that deleting these folders will also delete any data and files stored in them, such as saved passwords or website preferences. It is recommended to regularly clear your temporary internet files to free up space on your computer.