Do You Enjoy Pulp in Your Orange Juice?

• Thread starter yourdadonapogostick
  • Start date
In summary, some people like pulp in their orange juice, others don't. It is up to the person how much pulp they want in their orange juice. Some people like it when it is fresh squeezed, others like it when it is frozen. It is up to the person's mood, location, and what they are eating with their orange juice.

Do you like pulp in your orange juice?

• Total voters
yourdadonapogostick
do you like pulp in your orange juice?

Physics news on Phys.org
you really neeed to learn how to add an 'indifferent' option to your polls pogo

don't need one. if you don't dislike it, put yes.

Options for various amounts of pulp are also needed. :tongue2: I vote '10% pulp'. Shaken, not stirred. Or was that fresh, not frozen?

I like gin with my juice dawg. Laid Back...

yourdadonapogostick said:
an Indifferent or other option is always important, if only for a control.

Yes but i can not get Ulma Thuman, round here.

Lots of pulp is good.

I like some pulp. Like what you get when it's fresh squeezed. I still want to be able to drink it, not chew it. :biggrin:

yourdadonapogostick said:
A lot of people, like me, won't answer the poll if I don't agree with the choices, I am indifferent, so I don't see a choice.

I guess the poll creator is only interested in solid yes or no answers, not the indifferent ones. This poll is biased! :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
I like some pulp. Like what you get when it's fresh squeezed. I still want to be able to drink it, not chew it. :biggrin:

Nah, if I'm going to get pulp, I go all the way, as much as possible. Its like biting into an orange and not having to worry about peeling it or dealing with the whitish fibres that separate the fleshy part from the husk.

Chewing it isn't that bad, is it? :tongue:

depends on my mood, and the time of day, and where I am, and if I am eating something as welll as drinking orange juice. at my grandmas, I like loads of pulp, but at home, if I've just gotten off work, I don't like any pulp. early in the morning I like just a little. most of the time though, I just don't drink orange juice.

1. What is pulp in orange juice?

Pulp in orange juice refers to the fibrous, chewy bits of the fruit's flesh that are left behind after the juice has been extracted. It can vary in size and texture, depending on the type of orange used and the processing method.

2. Is pulp in orange juice good for you?

Yes, pulp in orange juice can provide additional nutritional benefits. It contains dietary fiber, which can help with digestion and keep you feeling full. It also contains vitamins and minerals found in the orange's flesh, such as vitamin C and potassium.

3. Why do some people prefer pulp in their orange juice?

Some people enjoy the added texture and chewiness that pulp provides in orange juice. It can also enhance the flavor and make the juice feel more like a whole fruit experience.

4. Can you remove pulp from orange juice?

Yes, pulp can be removed from orange juice through various methods such as filtering or straining. Many commercial brands offer both pulp-free and pulp-added options for consumers to choose from.

5. Does pulp affect the shelf life of orange juice?

Yes, pulp can affect the shelf life of orange juice. The fibers in the pulp can cause the juice to spoil faster, so pulp-free options may have a longer shelf life. It is important to always check the expiration date on the packaging and consume orange juice within the recommended timeframe.