Is Returning to University for Further Education the Right Choice for Me?

• Thread starter jiangxiaoyu
  • Start date
In summary, Jiangxiaoyu is from China and wants to pursue a higher degree, but is facing opposition from his parents. He is considering whether to give up his job or continue to work, but is unsure which option is better. He has found a website that can be helpful in making a decision.
jiangxiaoyu
Hello every one. I come from china. My home town is nanjing jiangsu province in china.
I graduated from a technological academy four years ago. I have been working on a korean company for four years. I want to get a further education. I feel that it is the time for me to return a university.
Today, it is not good situation that Many graduated student can not find job. If I want to retuen to university, I have to leave company which I work for. Lost job means no money in ,just money out. So my parents against me. But I really have a interest in mathematics and computer science.
My choosing is right ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello, jiangxiaoyu. Do you wish to pursue a higher degree? If so, I suggest that you ask the question in the following forum

https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139

Someone who has knowledge the math and computer science area may be able to help you more effectively. Be sure to mention, exactly the type of position you are planning to obtain.

depending on the particular aspects of your ambition and where you wish to secure the new future career, you may be better off with the work you have, since such a higher degree may not really guarantee you a better future, in relevance to job placement.

Also, I advise you to not initiate multiple post of the same subject.

I am sorry for my multiple post of the same subject.
I just want to get some suggest about choosing way. Maybe different people has different answer. When I face to general mathematics home work, I am exciting and very interesting in it. So I want to return university without working.
In that case, I must give out my work. So my parents against me to do like that.
If you was me, how would you choose ? Can you help me ?

Why can't you go to work full time and school part time? If I were you, I would not give up my job. But that's just me. Things are different in Communist China.

Thanks
Generally, My work is much over time work. It is usual without Saturday and Sunday. From Monday to Friday, many times I often go home very late and study over middle night. The next day morning I must get up brfore 6 AM, else I can not get the company bus.
It is for matriculation that just have three examinations. I want to be a graduated student. It is needs hight matriculation score. If I not give up my work, I will have not time for such many subjects. If I give ut my job, I will not get money for two years at least.
I am puzzle. Can you help me ?

Jiangxiaoyu, you may be interested in a website called Wikipedia. It is a website that is an encyclopedia and has almost anything you want to know about in it. I know the Chinese government blocks the site, but it is good. To go to it click on "https://proxify.com" and type in "https://en.wikipedia.org" Make a checkmark in the "remove all cookies" and "hide referrer information" and click on the proxify button next to where you typed the website in. The new website is Wikipedia, and you can type in a word in the little search box on the left side of the website and click go to learn about something. Try typing in "bus" or "matriculation" You can also type in "https://zh.wikipedia.org" for the site in Chinese version, but the site is not as big. There are not as many things in it. Tell me if this way works, or if you are still not allowed to see it.

Do you already use the websites? They are very good.

Where can you get money if you don't keep the same job? I think you should go to the university.

Last edited:
Hello,
Nihao!
I am from Hong Kong. Work is a very long term thing. The general working life is about 30-40 years depending on where you live. If I were you I would start comparing the years ahead and the career prospect in the following scenerio:
1. continue to work in present capacity, given promotion on the basis of seniority, and possible redundancy because of technological advances and competition etc, where would I be in 40 years' time.
2. study maths and other subjects, where would I be in 40 years' time.
You got to think LONG TERM.

Thank you MK. I am on wikipedia.
Thanks Polly. Your reply is very useful.

Only you can decide. How will you support yourself at university? How will you support yourself afterwards?

Yes , this four years I think it is enought money for my education. I like do scientific research work rather than the work I have been doing.
I have the courage of my own convictions.

Last edited:

1. Is it ethical to have the right to choose?

The answer to this question depends on your personal and cultural beliefs. Some people believe that individuals should have the right to choose what they do with their own lives, while others believe that certain choices may harm others or go against societal norms. Ultimately, the ethicality of having the right to choose is a complex and subjective issue.

2. How does having the right to choose impact society?

The impact of having the right to choose on society can vary greatly depending on the context. In some cases, it can lead to a more diverse and inclusive society where individuals are empowered to make their own decisions. However, in other cases, it can lead to conflict and controversy when people's choices go against societal norms or cause harm to others.

3. What are the benefits of having the right to choose?

Having the right to choose can have many benefits, such as promoting individual autonomy and self-determination. It can also lead to a more open-minded and accepting society where people can express their unique identities and beliefs. Additionally, having the right to choose can also help people make decisions that align with their personal values and goals.

4. Are there any limitations to the right to choose?

While having the right to choose is important, there are also limitations to consider. For example, one's choices should not harm or infringe on the rights of others. There may also be legal or societal limitations on certain choices, such as restrictions on drug use or laws governing reproductive rights. It's important to understand and respect these limitations when exercising the right to choose.

5. How can we ensure that everyone has the right to choose?

Ensuring that everyone has the right to choose requires a collective effort from individuals, organizations, and governments. This can include advocating for human rights and equality, promoting education and awareness about the importance of individual autonomy, and actively working to dismantle systems of oppression and discrimination that limit people's choices. By working together, we can create a society where everyone has the right to make their own choices and live their lives on their own terms.