Ckg733 the so-called anti-aging molecule - how to control aging?

In summary, ckg733 is a molecule that is being looked at as a potential "anti-aging" molecule. It apparently can stop cells from aging, and is being researched in wound healing. However, there is some concern that it may not be able to extend lifespan by much, and that it may promote cancer.
bioquest
ckg733 the so-called "anti-aging molecule" - how to control aging?

I've heard ckg733 be called the "anti-aging molecule" and apparently it can reverse aging of cells? Could this be used to reverse/stop the aging of an organism? I mean if you can control the age etc of every cell you could use it to stop/reverse the aging of an organism right?

Biology news on Phys.org
Short answer: probably not. Currently it is being looked at in the area of wound healing.

From what I've read, it does not sound like a panacea for ageing. In laymen's terms: it apparently stops the cells from marking the cell as "old", and in need of replacement (usually due to DNA damage). Instead the cell keeps on going, like the Energizer Bunny.
Which is good in wound healing. But. DNA damage is directly related to the probability of the start of cancer. Which is bad for the organism's longterm survival.

by the way it is: CGK733 and it is a manmade chemical

Last edited:
Can CGK733 only extend the lifespan of a cell by about 25%/approx 20 divisions?

I do not know how much "life" extension cells have in those experiments. Mainly because a pubmed search doesn't show me any refereed journal entries, just blurbs in newspapers, science websites citing the blurbs and some health/life extension websites.

My take is that if there has been no more research published since early 2006, then maybe the hype is just that - hype with little substance.

If you are interested in semi-immortailty, consider going on a lifelong restricted calorie diet. These are known to extend mouse lifespans by 20% - 40%.
Human trials are underway according to:
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1196473

I'm interested in life extension that is more than 50% or 100%
I don't think huge life extension/near immortality is at all impossible I just don't think that we're anywhere near it right now. Maybe we'll come closer with discoveries in nanotechnology and things like that. So I'm interested in things relating to life extension...I kind of just wanted to know the maximum amount cgk733 could hypothetically extend human life right now, if it weren't for cancer etc and then I wanted to update myself on progress with it in future

I did read stuff about human trials with CGK733
Basically I just wanted to know if it could only extend the lifetime of cultured cells by approximately 20 divisions or it could extend them more than that (mentioned here) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cgk733

Oh, I see what you mean. 20 divisions could be a substantial time by the way.
I still can't see a copy of Tae Kook Kim's abstract.

Just a lot of stuff at the Immortality Institute, for example.

Anyway, according to Wikipedia (note: you should read original research if possible because Wikipedia is only moderately reliable on some things), yes, it does extend the "lifepsan" of cells more than than 20 divisions. So, if you accept this, it could creeate a cell culture line that could live for years.

If you google for 'cgk733' virtually every hit you get is a secondary or tertiary reference.
If you see lots of sites that promote something or are 'science news sites' it means there is a lot more going on outside, rather than inside, science. Basically it means you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

Until I can read at least a paper or two on this, I simply cannot tell you anything reliably. If that doesn't bother you, just read Wikipedia. It has lots of stuff.

But what I wanted to know was how many divisions (probably) at CGK733's maximum potential could it currently, at the moment, increase a cell's ability to do I am not asking for super reliable information just best guesses and the reasons for them

would 20 divisions= 25% more life extension of cell?

Last edited:
I think the Hayflick limit is considered to be about 50 cell divisions.
This may vary somewhat with cell type.
So an increase of 20 divisions is not quite a 25% increase.

okay but could CGK733 now, currently, cause cells to divide any amount of times? 50 times, 100 times more than it would? What's the highest number CGK733 could hypothetically have cells divide more than they would otherwise currently?
(Approx. Why or why not. in your opinions) or can it currently pretty much only cause a cell to divide 20 times more than it otherwise would?
thanks

Last edited:
Having an opinion without some more concrete data isn't particularly useful.
From the little I can find, it seems to work by bypassing a DNA repair checkpoint.
This implies that the cells would be more inclined to become cancerous or if enough damage accumulated activate some other senescence mechanisim.
It doesn't speak well to larger increases in division count.

Interesting find.
We will have to see what is discovered with further research.

Notime -

I made exactly those points about degnerate DNA in another thread. The OP wants somebody to speculate, I guess. There is no science basis I can find to even speculate against. Just "news" which is not science.

I give up.

I reread your pm where you said

"You do understand that cancer is basically cells that spend all of their time dividing and making more cells, rather than differentiating and becoming something more constructive for an organism?"

I was just trying to find scientific info on CGK733..it kind of sucks that there isn't very much though so oh well

I am very old relative most folks here on PF.

I've seen a lot of discoveries that went flop. The lack of more papers usually indicates some kind of problem. Unless the guy works for the manufacturing firm (or some "institute", like the sugar institute reporting ) then you'll see a bunch more papers because it's in somebody's financial interest to publish more.

Not all scienctific publications are equal.

Last edited:

1. What is Ckg733 and how does it work as an anti-aging molecule?

Ckg733 is a small molecule that has been identified as a potential anti-aging agent. It works by activating certain cellular pathways that are responsible for regulating aging processes in the body.

2. Can Ckg733 really slow down the aging process?

While there is evidence that Ckg733 can extend the lifespan of certain organisms in laboratory studies, more research is needed to determine its effectiveness in humans. It may help to delay the onset of age-related diseases, but it is not a magical solution for reversing aging.

3. Are there any potential side effects of using Ckg733 as an anti-aging treatment?

Currently, there is limited information on the potential side effects of Ckg733 in humans. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before using any new anti-aging treatment.

4. How can I control my aging using Ckg733?

Ckg733 is not yet available as a commercial product for human use. If you are interested in using it for anti-aging purposes, it is important to wait for further research and clinical trials to be conducted to ensure its safety and effectiveness.

5. Are there any other ways to control aging besides using Ckg733?

While Ckg733 shows potential as an anti-aging molecule, there are many other lifestyle factors that can also impact the aging process. Maintaining a healthy diet, exercising regularly, managing stress, and avoiding harmful habits like smoking can all help to slow down the aging process and promote overall well-being.