What's a good beginner's Physics book

In summary, there are many options for good beginner's physics books for those with no prior knowledge, including "Six Easy Pieces" by Richard Feynman, "The Cartoon Guide to Physics" by Larry Gonick, and "Concepts of Modern Physics" by Arthur Beiser. There are also several books that are written in a clear and easy-to-understand manner, such as "Physics for Dummies" by Steven Holzner, "The Physics Book" by Clifford A. Pickover, and "The Lazy Universe" by Jennifer Coopersmith. For those interested in astrophysics, "Astrophysics for People in a Hurry" by Neil deGrasse Tyson, "The Fabric of the Cosmos" by Brian Greene
lpbug
I'm 13 and I'm in the 8th grade. I was wondering if someone could suggest a beginner physics book fer me...
Thank you very very much!

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What are some good beginner's physics books for someone with no prior knowledge?

Some good options for beginners with no prior knowledge of physics include "Six Easy Pieces" by Richard Feynman, "The Cartoon Guide to Physics" by Larry Gonick, and "Concepts of Modern Physics" by Arthur Beiser.

2. Are there any beginner's physics books that are easy to understand?

Yes, there are many beginner's physics books that are written in a clear and easy-to-understand manner. Some examples include "Physics for Dummies" by Steven Holzner, "The Physics Book" by Clifford A. Pickover, and "The Lazy Universe" by Jennifer Coopersmith.

3. What's a good beginner's physics book for someone interested in astrophysics?

For those interested in astrophysics, "Astrophysics for People in a Hurry" by Neil deGrasse Tyson is a great option. Other recommendations include "The Fabric of the Cosmos" by Brian Greene and "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene.

4. Are there any online resources for beginner's physics?

Yes, there are many online resources for beginner's physics, including websites such as Khan Academy and Physics Classroom. There are also many YouTube channels and podcasts dedicated to teaching physics in an easily accessible way.

5. What's a good beginner's physics book for someone looking to prepare for college-level physics?

"Fundamentals of Physics" by David Halliday and Robert Resnick is a highly recommended textbook for preparing for college-level physics. Other options include "University Physics" by Hugh D. Young and "Physics: Principles with Applications" by Douglas C. Giancoli.