Using changing acceleration due to gravity?

In summary, the conversation discusses using the equation ma=GmM/r^2 to create accurate displacement equations. However, the speaker is unsure how to incorporate the variable a = c/r^2 in order to find the equations. They suggest studying a mechanics book that covers planetary motion for a better understanding.
Wooh
We know that, with gravity for example, that ma = GmM/r^2. For simplicity's sake and the sake of my question, let us say that a=c/r^2, where c is GM. Basically, I am wondering how I can use this to create the most accurate displacement equations possible. My problem, however, is that a is dv/dt...or dx^2/dt^2, but I doubt you can do dx^2/r=cdt^2 and integrate twice or whatnot.

Does anyone have some clarity? I have though to do a=c/(r-x)^2, where r is the initial distance and x is the distance traveled, but that still yields nothing helpful.

Physics news on Phys.org
I recommend studying a good mechanics book that discusses planetary motion. Exactly those equations solved to find planetary orbits and the like. However, it's not for the faint of heart if you're just starting out!

1. What is changing acceleration due to gravity?

Changing acceleration due to gravity refers to the varying rate at which objects fall towards the Earth. This rate is influenced by factors such as the mass and distance between the objects, as well as other external forces like air resistance.

2. How is changing acceleration due to gravity measured?

Changing acceleration due to gravity is typically measured using a device called an accelerometer. This device can detect changes in acceleration and can be used to measure the acceleration of a falling object.

3. What causes changing acceleration due to gravity?

The primary cause of changing acceleration due to gravity is the distance between two objects. As the distance between two objects changes, so does the force of gravity between them, resulting in a change in acceleration.

4. How does changing acceleration due to gravity affect objects?

Changing acceleration due to gravity affects objects by causing them to accelerate towards the Earth at different rates. This can impact the speed and trajectory of falling objects, as well as the amount of force they experience upon impact.

5. Can changing acceleration due to gravity be predicted?

Yes, changing acceleration due to gravity can be predicted using mathematical equations and formulas, such as Newton's law of gravitation. However, these predictions may not always be exact as factors such as air resistance and other external forces can also impact the acceleration of objects.