What is the Definition of Kp in the JANAF Thermodynamic Tables?

In summary, JANAF thermodynamic tables are a set of reference tables containing thermodynamic data for chemical compounds. Developed by the Joint Army-Navy-Air Force (JANAF) Project in collaboration with the National Bureau of Standards, they provide information on the enthalpy, entropy, and Gibbs free energy of formation for various temperatures and pressures. These tables were created to serve as a reliable source of thermodynamic data for chemical compounds and are still widely used by scientists and engineers today, although they have been superseded by more modern databases and software in some applications. The JANAF thermodynamic tables can be accessed in various online databases and software programs, as well as in print form in libraries and scientific institutions.
jollage
Hi everyone,
I'm learning equilibrium thermodynamics on my own. I'm wondering how is the Kp(equilibrium constants) in the JANAF tables defined? Which reaction formula does it refer to? Thanks in advance.

Science news on Phys.org
No one wants to say something?

1. What are JANAF thermodynamic tables?

JANAF thermodynamic tables are a set of reference tables containing thermodynamic data for chemical compounds. They provide information on the enthalpy, entropy, and Gibbs free energy of formation for various temperatures and pressures.

2. Who developed the JANAF thermodynamic tables?

The JANAF (Joint Army-Navy-Air Force) Project was a collaboration between the US military and the National Bureau of Standards (now NIST). The tables were developed by a team of scientists and engineers in the 1950s and 1960s.

3. What is the purpose of the JANAF thermodynamic tables?

The JANAF thermodynamic tables were created to provide a comprehensive and reliable source of thermodynamic data for chemical compounds. They are used by scientists and engineers for various applications, such as designing and optimizing chemical processes.

4. Are the JANAF thermodynamic tables still used today?

Yes, the JANAF thermodynamic tables are still widely used by scientists and engineers, especially in the chemical and materials industries. However, they have been superseded by more modern databases and software in some applications.

5. Where can I find the JANAF thermodynamic tables?

The JANAF thermodynamic tables can be found in various online databases and software programs, such as NIST Chemistry WebBook and Thermo-Calc. They can also be accessed in print form in libraries and scientific institutions.