MOSFET for High Frequency Low Current Application

In summary, if you need MOSFETs for high frequency low current applications, you can use the parametric search tool at Digi-Key to find suitable options.
akhurash
Does anyone have some recommendations for MOSFET's that can be used for high frequency low current applications? The ones I found are for high current applications but my application only requires at max 20mA.

Thank You.

Engineering news on Phys.org
akhurash said:
Does anyone have some recommendations for MOSFET's that can be used for high frequency low current applications? The ones I found are for high current applications but my application only requires at max 20mA.

Thank You.

You can use the parametric search tool at Digi-Key:

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en/discrete-semiconductor-products/rf-fets/1377003?k=mosfet

That link takes you to the category "RF FETs", and you can start using the parametric search boxes to narrow your search.

What is a MOSFET?

A MOSFET (Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Field-Effect Transistor) is a type of transistor that is commonly used in electronic devices as a switch or amplifier. It is made up of three terminals - the source, gate, and drain - and is controlled by an electric field applied to the gate terminal.

How does a MOSFET work in high frequency low current applications?

In high frequency low current applications, the MOSFET acts as a switch that can rapidly turn on and off. This is because it has a low on-resistance and a small capacitance, allowing it to handle rapid changes in current and voltage.

What are the advantages of using a MOSFET in high frequency low current applications?

Some advantages of using a MOSFET in high frequency low current applications include high switching speeds, low power consumption, and high efficiency. MOSFETs also have a small form factor, making them ideal for use in compact electronic devices.

Are there any limitations to using a MOSFET in high frequency low current applications?

One limitation of using a MOSFET in high frequency low current applications is that it can only handle small currents. In addition, MOSFETs can be more susceptible to damage from electrostatic discharge (ESD) compared to other types of transistors.

What are some common uses of MOSFETs in high frequency low current applications?

MOSFETs are commonly used in high frequency low current applications such as power converters, motor control, and radio frequency (RF) circuits. They are also used in various consumer electronics, such as smartphones, laptops, and LED lighting.