Differential and Integral Calculus I&II by R.Courant free online

In summary, the conversation was about finding an online version of two volumes of a classic set. The links provided contain the full content. The question was raised about the copyright in the US and whether it is still okay to download the book even though it is still being sold on Amazon. The response was that even if the copyright has expired, the book would still be sold.
emsidis
Hi there, I don't know if this has been posted before but I found an online version of both volumes. If I'm not mistaken these links have the full content of this classic set.

http://kr.cs.ait.ac.th/~radok/math/mat6/startdiall.htm
http://kr.cs.ait.ac.th/~radok/math/mat9/startall.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Has the copyright in the US expired? This book is still for sale on amazon new.

Anyone know if this is ok to download?

redrzewski said:
Has the copyright in the US expired? This book is still for sale on amazon new.

Anyone know if this is ok to download?

Even if the copyright is over, they would still sell it. I rather have a hard copy than a not so pleasing HTML file.

1. What is the difference between differential and integral calculus?

Differential calculus is concerned with the study of rates of change and slopes of curves, while integral calculus is concerned with the accumulation of quantities and finding the area under a curve.

2. Who is R. Courant and why is his book on calculus free online?

Richard Courant was a German mathematician who made significant contributions to the fields of calculus, partial differential equations, and numerical analysis. His book on calculus is available for free online because it is in the public domain and has been widely used as a textbook for many years.

3. Is this book suitable for beginners in calculus?

Yes, this book is suitable for beginners in calculus. It covers the fundamentals of both differential and integral calculus, and includes many examples and exercises to help readers understand the concepts.

4. Can this book be used for self-study?

Yes, this book can be used for self-study. It is written in a clear and concise manner, making it easy for readers to follow along and learn at their own pace. It also includes detailed explanations and solutions to the exercises.

5. Does this book cover advanced topics in calculus?

Yes, this book covers advanced topics in calculus such as multivariable calculus, vector calculus, and applications of calculus to physics and engineering. It is a comprehensive resource for both beginners and advanced learners.