The cursor of my laptop screen is oversensitive? How to stop it

by sameeralord
Tags: cursor, laptop, oversensitive, screen, stop
Share this thread:
sameeralord
Jun18-14, 04:55 AM
P: 640
Hello everyone,

Recently the cursor of my laptop screen is so overactive and oversensitive. If I just click one thing, it clicks many things. If my cursor just moves near some folder or something, it quickly opens even when I didn't click it. How can I get my cursor to normal sensitivity. Thanks

From the cursor what I mean is the mouse like thing in the laptop. Even when I touch it a bit, the cursor moves so far away.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Bees able to spot which flowers offer best rewards before landing
Classic Lewis Carroll character inspires new ecological model
When cooperation counts: Researchers find sperm benefit from grouping together in mice
adjacent
Jun18-14, 05:20 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,467
It's called a touch pad.
Do you have tohe drivers installed for it? If so, it will usually provide options for reducing the sensitivity and the "pressure" needed for a click
sameeralord
Jun18-14, 10:49 AM
P: 640
Hey thanks for the reply. I think the drivers are installed (I didn't install anything externally, when I bought the laptop all the drivers were originally installed and touch pad was working well, i haven't changed anything from there?. How do I access the options for touch pad . Do I check in control panel? What do I search there? Can you tell how to access the panel. Thanks

adjacent
Jun18-14, 11:05 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,467
The cursor of my laptop screen is oversensitive? How to stop it

What is the model of your Laptop?
You can try searching the control panel. My laptop have it's touch pad settings there.
vikrantsingh47
Jun18-14, 11:58 PM
P: 1
I got this issue recently. for me, the power adapter of the speakers was causing this problem. its " noise" was interfering with the touchpad, just verify that you don't have any power adapter plugged in, or any electronic device near the laptop, and see if this problem persists.
harborsparrow
Jun22-14, 02:34 PM
PF Gold
P: 347
The sensitivity can usually be adjusted in software. But, we need to know what OS (and maybe what kind of machine hardware) you are running.

Register to reply