Why can't we use smilies here?

• Thread starter Mr. Robin Parsons
  • Start date
In summary, the pencil sketches and images that were posted in the General Discussion forum are not displaying properly as an attachment. It is possible that this was due to a setting on the part of the user, but it is unclear as to how to fix it.
Mr. Robin Parsons
"Smilie" curiosity...fires off

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why we don't have these kind of smilites here at PF (This is a bit of a redundant question for me)
http://www.talkroot.com" [Broken]

(And only if that 'little guy' shows up...) click on it and it will show you, and I wonder how to get that herein...there is a way...

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why we don't have these kind of smilites here at PF (This is a bit of a redundant question for me)
http://www.talkroot.com" [Broken]

(And only if that 'little guy' shows up...) click on it and it will show you, and I wonder how to get that herein...there is a way...

May be this...
http://www.talkroot.com/images/smilies/AR15firing.gif [Broken]

but hey! IMG tag don't work here!
I don't know why! May Greg explain it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup i tried it two Moni but i don't know why it is not working

But Moni How u have uploaded those beautiful pencil sketch etc in General Discussion forum

Uploading it to this forum is simple enough as an attachment, but me too I had wanted it to show on the page, maybe I should go back to talkroot.com and ask a mod for help...

Originally posted by himanshu121
Yup i tried it two Moni but i don't know why it is not working

But Moni How u have uploaded those beautiful pencil sketch etc in General Discussion forum

I've found only in this section "PF Feedback & Announcements" that the IMG tag not works!

First when I was making the tag, under the option "Automatically parse URLs" was checked that's why inside IMG tag there was URL tag...then I un-checked that...but still that is not working :(

I've worked with phpBB but that doesn't have such problems, not know much about vBulletien :(

Oh! Thanks that you've found that pencil sketch beautiful! Actually I have placed them in another server...and liked the image using that IMG tag...
But as I told you earlier...only in this section the IMG tag is not working as it should be :(

I observed that Why the IMG code is not working which is due to Forum Rules Look at the Forum Rules by scrolling down which states

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON

code is OFF[/B] [/COLOR]

So it is only upto Greg to ON it

U may also see it here
[URL=https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12598]https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12598[/URL]

1. What is "Smilie curiosity.fires off"?

"Smilie curiosity.fires off" is a phrase that refers to the intense excitement and inquisitiveness someone experiences when they encounter something new or interesting. It can also describe the feeling of being overwhelmed by curiosity and having a strong desire to learn more.

2. Why do humans experience "Smilie curiosity.fires off"?

Humans have a natural drive to seek out new information and experiences. This is a survival mechanism that has allowed us to adapt and evolve in our environment. "Smilie curiosity.fires off" is a manifestation of this innate curiosity and can be triggered by a variety of factors, such as novelty, complexity, and uncertainty.

3. How does "Smilie curiosity.fires off" benefit us?

"Smilie curiosity.fires off" can lead to increased motivation and engagement, as well as improved learning and problem-solving abilities. It can also foster creativity and innovation by encouraging us to think outside the box and explore new ideas and perspectives.

4. Can "Smilie curiosity.fires off" be harmful?

In most cases, "Smilie curiosity.fires off" is a positive and beneficial experience. However, it can become overwhelming and distracting if it prevents us from focusing on important tasks or causes us to neglect our responsibilities. It can also lead to risky behaviors if we are not careful or curious about the potential consequences.

5. How can we cultivate "Smilie curiosity.fires off"?

"Smilie curiosity.fires off" can be nurtured and strengthened through various practices, such as asking questions, exploring new interests, and seeking out challenges and opportunities for growth. It is important to maintain a balance and not let it consume us, but rather use it as a tool for personal and intellectual development.