YouTube Classics: Watch & Learn Kids

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Youtube
In summary, this conversation covers a wide range of topics, from comedic videos and commercials to impressive talents and performances. Participants share their thoughts and opinions on various videos and also reminisce about childhood memories. Some notable videos mentioned include a hilarious commercial about a kid throwing a tantrum and his mom's unexpected reaction, a funny World of Warcraft funeral crashers video, a brave climber scaling a rock with no ropes, and a clever artist animation of a Mars rover. The conversation also touches on politics and news media with discussions about biased reporting and a zinger from Jon Stewart. Overall, the conversation is filled with humor and interesting content, making for an entertaining read.
-RA- said:
Ever watched a bad TV program? Why? you certainly don't have to. This clip definitely made me think twice about how much TV I watch!
I got to the point where I'd listen to the TV but not watch it since I had other things to do. My TV viewing was fairly limited to Public TV or News/Science programs. Besides, commercials are so obnoxious that I am actually discouraged from buying anything advertised. :biggrin: These days, I rarely watch TV, and I avoid commercial radio (announcers and commercials are way too loud and obnoxious) in favor of public radio.

Physics news on Phys.org
Manly Catfish Catching

http://www.livevideo.com/video/F7C455C18CCF4C9D9B6B83EA681BFBD9/manly-cat-fish-catching.aspx

:rolleyes:

Now, THAT's fishing!

This is kinda cool.

Lightning Tokyo ( 稲妻の記憶 東京空風景 ) :biggrin:

Surfando no TSUNAME (This is one BIG WAVE!) - I'll dedicate this one to GL and his success with ESToE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronuc said:
This is kinda cool.

Lightning Tokyo ( 稲妻の記憶 東京空風景 ) :biggrin:

Surfando no TSUNAME (This is one BIG WAVE!) - I'll dedicate this one to GL and his success with ESToE.

That string of Chinese characters makes no sense.

EDIT: Wait. They are supposed to be translated to Japanese. My mistake. I don't know Japanese :biggrin:.

对不起!

Astronuc said:
I'll dedicate this one to GL and his success with ESToE.

Yeah, that is one of my favorite videos. And it is a nice representation of the position that Garrett finds himself in today! Let's see if he emerges from the white-water. :biggrin: Good luck Garrett!

Man vs lions - This guy is nuts!

good stuff, good stuff. god i love that guy. you should check out his muffins ones too if you aint already!

Canon Rock

Love it or hate it, the rock improvization of Pachelbel's Canon is a Youtube phenomenon.

See also: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=985884#post985884

The famous JerryC arrangement:

1 2 3 4

Now all together

On a toy keyboardAnd of course, the cutest one of allOther arrangements:

Malmsteen's version

Arrangement for acoustic guitar

Funky version: Kimcuban on drums

Short version: Reuben Gingrich on drums

Hip-hop version on the koto

Christmas Canon Rock, by TSO

How about the hydraulophone?

And the awesomely priceless Pachelbel rant.
Finally, the original arrangement: Pachelbel's Canon in D

Last edited:
Gokul43201 said:
Love it or hate it, the rock improvization of Pachelbel's Canon is a Youtube phenomenon.
I love the twofun version. It had a very Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure feel to it. I'm not as crazy about Yngwie Malmsteem's rendition, but that may be because I just don't like Yngwie Malmsteem.

That was REALLY funny!

Ahahahahah the screaming hotdog!

I like the cortina landslide, the mir and anyway the pingus.

Origami Animation - great music too! Put on your dancing shoes. :biggrin:

For those with too much time on their hands. :rofl:

origami cat

origami beating heart

An alternate Matrix -

:rofl:

This has to be one of the best series of videos ever.

http://uk.youtube.com/user/cwdressen

Just been considering getting another Dobe since Emma died last year and stumbled upon these. Anyone who has ever owned one will recognise all the classic traits. You got to love 'em.

If they have already been suggested, oh well. Anyways, type in "carrot panflute" in the search on Youtube and you'll get a vid of a Japanese guy who plays these instruments made out of vegetables. Then, look at the related vids on the right side. Great stuff, really ingenious, and some fairly good tones from food. Oh, and apparently there isn't a word for "pepper" in Japanese, so the vids that say "paprika" actually mean pepper.

This is a great film for motorcycle racing fans - On Any Sunday.

You may want to skip the first four minutes as it is classically cheesey, and the film was a low budget, early 70s racing cult film, but it has great footage and is worth the watch for fans and riders.

Taylor Mali -

Like_youknow -

Taylor Mali on proofreading. :rofl:

Try "End of Ze World", its good. Did I already post this one, if so, beat me.

Karate Slow Motion

:yuck: :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
Watch and learn kids. :biggrin:

...nice video! That boy is a good actor. lol. Kids should act like that kid did. SWEETTTTIIESSSSSSSS! hehe...

Alright, I think I did a pretty diligent search to make sure this one wasn't posted, but I'm still baffled that I didn't find it. It's got to be in here somewhere, but just in case, behold! Carl Sagan is Agent Smith.

Wind powered walking sculptures - amazing!

What if the Beatles were Irish?
http://www.jibjab.com/view/172887

Wear the fox hat.